web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Ive been looking in the FAQ and all over the internet but somehow i cant figure this out.
Id like to think im pretty tech savvy so i dont know if its just me or the phone.

I work in an office that has the Prostar DCS system. The 12 button handset.

There are 5 lines in the sales office that ring when a call comes in externally, however in my new office the phone wont ring, in fact i cannot even pick it up.
Now when called internally it works fine.

Ive tried going into the programming mode and entering those codes and for some reason #20 and #60 doesnt give me a response, it acts as if im dialing an extension.

I dialed 600 to remove all forwarded types.
Also my 'group member button' is red however when i try pressing it, it sais you are not a group member.

What i do kknow is that the sales office is group 500 of which i need to be connected to.
Also dialing 501 'which is supposedly supposed to put me in the group' doesnt work either.

Any ideas ? Thanks in advance!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

pvj Offline
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
Those codes#20,#60 are not for the DCS but I believe the Prostar 816 etc.
To do what you're asking try this
dial 53500.If it comes up with a group status in out display then you're good,just press the soft key underneath IN.
If it says that you are not a group member then you will need to access the technician level programming and the passcode.

OP Offline
i will have to do the technician level programming then because when i hit 53500 it just dials it as if it was an extension.

It sais :535 Not Assign

The technician level programming and passcode, is that something i can do? I already called the company that set up our phones and they said they could give me the codes but that would mean they get no business so they wont. It will cost them 120 to come out and just make the phone ring so im trying what i can to get it on myself.

Thanks again

The technician level programming and passcode, is that something i can do? I already called the company that set up our phones and they said they could give me the codes but that would mean they get no business so they wont. It will cost them 120 to come out and just make the phone ring so im trying what i can to get it on myself.

There is a reason for this, you could mess the system up by them just giving you the codes without proper instructions. Proper instructions take time and should be compensated. I'm sure you like to get paid for what you do. I would call the company back and tell them you are willing to pay for some instruction on system programming. You will be able to maintain the simple tasks without the expense in the future.

RIP Admin-Founder
RIP Admin-Founder
What CMDL_GUY said. smile
pay for some entry level training..

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
My goodness! SuitableForUse , no offense intended, but I must ask you this question: Is your company in business to make money? Does your company spend money to provide your goods or services? Does it pay for phone lines, electricity, rent, insurance, etc? Of course it does. Does your business give its services away for free? I doubt it.

Many system manufacturers forbid their dealers from disclosing technician-level information to end users. They do this in an effort to ensure that those working on their systems really understand what they are doing. One simple mistake can cause the system to go from "cool" to "this piece of junk". The hardware did nothing wrong. It was the loose nut trying to mess with something that they should not have been touching to begin with.

Would you question a plumber's fees when water is pouring down through your ceiling? Is your doctor's years of education something that you should be told over the phone for free? Of course not! You need their knowledge and experience and expect to pay for it. Why is telephone system support any different?

Why in the world would you expect your telephone system vendor to not be entitled to charge a fee for their services? They spend thousands of dollars on training, licenses, certifications and maintaining inventory. They also pay for rent, utilities, insurance, benefits and on and on. They do this so that when you need them, they are there with the necessary parts and knowledge.

Let's be fair here. You are offended because you don't want to pay for a service. I think that you would be equally offended if your customers expected your services for free.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
OP Offline
I suppose that makes sense...

However, in the same regard, when your computer at home starts messing up, or an appliance is going haywire; what is your first reaction? Most of us look for ways to fix it ourselves. I know im not the only one who searches the internet for ways to avoid charges by being able to fix it myself. I basically self-taught myself how to use windows since i was younger as well as difficult software programs, i never paid a tech to fix a problem that i could have fix myself with some publicly available self-education =D

Im not really offended they charge to help fix the problem of course its just like any other business i would expect them to be compensated for their work. But i dont see any harm in searching around the net and possibly finding ways to fix things myself and possibly avoid the expense.

I know im not the only Mr. Tech-Fix-It around here =D

Well i suppose ill give the company another call and see what they can do =D

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,300
Posts638,879
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,766 Shoretel
189,843 CTX100 install
187,972 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 9
dans 7
dexman 6
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 175 guests, and 248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024