web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I'm working with our Vendor, and am the in-house phone person. With that said, I hope someone can point me in the right direction as I'm on a very tight timeframe.

We have an OS 7400 with 2 PRIs - dial 9 for external calling and for this application, we have no need for voicemail.

I've set up a deskphone DID 749 to ring 2 times and then forward to a station group with 4 DIDs that ring 3 times so other employees can back up 749 if needed. All works great so far.

We then set up the station group "518" to forward to a Virtual extension, 3520 so that we can "forward all" to an external number. This is not working. However if we forward to another station group internally it works.

Side note: If I add external forwarding to any of our desk phones it forwards externally perfectly.

Does anyone have a reason or a solution for how we can take incoming calls to 1 extension/DID, allow that extension to ring 2 times, then "bounce/forward" to a group and ring 3 times and then forward to an external number such as an answering service if not picked up within the 3 rings of the station group? The problem seems to be getting the virtual extension to actually forward to an external number.

I thought this would be a piece of cake!!! smile

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I think thats one of the features in the new software v4.30. You can have mobex extensions that would do as you need but i've not had chance to have a play with it yet.

Someone should know for certain but you cant forward external from a group on older software.

You could try to set the group "overflow" to go to a single station (virtual) then have it set up to call formard externally - members of groups will not normally call forward it has to be a particular extension (single).

The other option is to try the mobex feature which pairs a normal station with a mobile (cell) phone, but Im not sure this will still work as it is a group call and you will need to an additional card in the 7400 for the mobex features

Moderator-Samsung
Moderator-Samsung
You could overflow your group to the voicemail and use it to forward the call offsite.

could it be an external forward delay timer in the station timer program.Did you let the call ring a few times once it got to the virtual ext?

Bobby Mreen
Communications Technician
Moderator-Samsung
Moderator-Samsung
Similar to what bmreen said, rather then all forwarding the virtual, try a no ans forward with a 7 second ext fwd time (i have tested this when forwarding from a vm with 4.21c and had to be higher then 5 seonds_

If you forward a regular phone off site does that work? If not, then is ICM ext fwd set to yes?

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,305
Posts638,893
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,871 Shoretel
189,986 CTX100 install
188,105 1a2 system
Newest Members
Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks
49,770 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
teleco 6
dexman 6
dans 5
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 92 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024