Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Hi All,

I've never posted but have found alot of useful info here so today I'm looking 4 some help. I have a 7200 with svmi 20 networked with a 7100 and I'm trying to set up centralized vm on the 7200. Everything works great but when the remote stations (7100) forward to vm, they dont go to the user mailbox, but instaed hit the main greeting prompt. Samsung tech support is stumped, logged in and said everything looks correct to them. I'm hoping someone else has come across this and knows what I'm missing?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

What do you see through the port activity screen when the remote stations are forwared? Do they get the log in prompt when they hit their VMMSG key?

I know this will sound crazy, but you need to have Intercom External Forward turned on in both systems.

Also... you have created mailboxes for the remote site, correct?

OP Offline
Mailboxes are created and the remote users do get the login prompt. I am turning on IEF right now, crazy sounding or not...

Thanks for the replies...

OP Offline
Intercom external forward is already on in both systems (MMC X.XX.X). Get this-dialing the VM (539)or pressing the key takes a remote user to the password prompt. An intercom call from a user on the 7200 side to a user on the 7100 side goes unanswered and rolls to VM but ends up at the password prompt for the station that initiated the call. A transferred call to a 7100 station goes RNA fwd to VM but hits the main greeting prompt. Any of this point to an obvious cause?

EDIT: Please do not post MMC information in the public forum.

PM sent.

Jeff, Just out of curiosity, were you dealing with Samsung support or an independent distributor's support?

The manual has a really good step by step procedure for this. Hasn't failed me yet. I'd sift back through the steps until I found what was missing. Also, a port activity screen snapshot of forwarded call would help.

I had a similar problem when networking 3 OS-7400’s with Central VM. It is actually a software bug. I just checked on this with Samsung and it is supposed to be fixed in Software release 4.42 due to release in mid Dec. One of my problems was that when an ext. in a remote node was in DND and calls went to VM the caller would get the main greeting instead of the mailbox greeting. This was just one of the problems. I had to ‘roll back’ my software to 4.22 so it would work.

OP Offline
SClark hit it on the head, it was software. Instead of rolling back though, I took Marc's advice and simply set up the 7100 to handle the VM for that site. Thanks for everyone's help!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,299
Posts638,872
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,730 Shoretel
189,774 CTX100 install
187,934 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 149 guests, and 304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024