Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sending PM

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OK so three questions then a statement if you don't mind.

First. What eproms are in the system and do they say 2.6 CID? if not then you still don't have it.

Second. Do the trunks go red before the first ring?

Third. When you set up the trunks for CID and the Stations to allow CID did you alter any other timers? The display timer should be default. The CID receive timer I always set to 6.

Following comments can be taken as you wish. The DSC and the DCS Compact are bullet proof. I have never in all my installs had an issue other than a card failure from time to time. ALL systems have issues maybe not the same issues as yours but none the less issues. So to say the system is not very good. Is probably not the best way to receive the knowledge you are seeking from Samsung techs.

wink

Also, try increasing the CID timer again, I have found in bad areas I need to increase it more. It’s worth a shot.

I should clarify, it is the CID MSG RECEIVE that should be changed. Valid between 1-25.

whazzup Offline OP
OP Offline
What are eproms and how do I view them? I will have to see if the trunks go red first before they ring, I assume its some kind of data burst that precedes a phone call (at least that is what I was told). The only other timer I altered was the MMC lock out programming time.

If the phones are working you have the right eproms. The MISC2 only works with the CID eproms. The non-CID eproms only work with the MISC1.

You need to give us your location so we can help you find a dealer close to you.

As Waine stated this is a very solid system and I never have CID problems with the compact.

Reset it using the switch. Make sure that little switch on the inside is on first. That's the battery switch for the memory. I still bet misc2 card. You should even make sure it's seated good while you have the power turned off. Oh if you extended your prog lock out time....If you get into programming on one phone, then try it at another phone before the timer expiers, it should tell you the other phone is in prog mode still. You would have to go back and disable it. Just incase that's what happenned.

Josh Carroll
JE Systems
Intertel/Mitel | Samsung | Toshiba | X Blue
whazzup Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok, I did verify that the EPROMS do have CID, 2.6 printed on them. There are no red lights that flash before the phone rings to indicate any caller ID on the trunks (I'm looking at the "Line 1" button). I've already changed the CID timers to 6 and 7, 6 being CID display time and 7 being CID MSG Receive. My fax line that bypasses the DCS compact receives Caller ID without any problems. I suppose the MISC2 card could be the problem but that was suppose to have been verified in a working system prior to me receiving it. Any other suggestions?

After reading the post, what stands out it appears that the misc2 card is not receiving the BURST of caller Id info from the first ring. When having problems with hardware always go onto programming and make sure the compact recognizes the Misc2 card.
Sometimes in resetting boards the compact forgets.

Also if all your programming , proper Ram/ caller ID
software etc,is correct try going back and make ALL the trunks normal again, then reprogram them ALL for Caller ID. I am assuming you have already checked with your butt/test set and heard the BURST of caller ID info.

If some of this does not make any sense I agree with Marc and find a CERTIFIED Samsung dealer in your area to come out and help you. Good luck !!!

Dennis
Samsung Authorized Dealer, AVAYA reseller, One Communications Team Partner
whazzup Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the reply. How do I verify that the system is recognizing the Misc2 card? The burst for caller ID was verified by the phone company so I know thats ok.
The local dealer in my area is kind of shady, he installed the system about 4 years ago and when we had some issues with it, he wanted to charge astronomical fees to fix it. I asked if there was any warranty as it had been less than a year and he replied that there was no warranty on used systems. He failed to let us know that the system was used when he installed it. After that, I thought it best to part our ways.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,381 Shoretel
189,088 CTX100 install
187,414 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 128 guests, and 419 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024