web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
I use a Gopher pole. I'm on my third one. Lost one, Broke one, still have one. Greenly came out with a gopher look alike. But it is dark green the gopher is white and shows up better in the dark when I can't find my mag lite.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Ya they are OK but the crappie rods are so much lighter than the gopher.

G I checked online and didnt see them there. could you pm me the link?

Ya they are OK but the crappie rods are so much lighter than the gopher.
That and they are much less expensive to replace (since I have to buy my own tools...)

My boss has a Gopher Pole...

Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Originally posted by DayTech:
I have never used it either, but I think it would be a waste of money. We use the fiberglass sticks for walls and certain ceilings. For the most part we use gopherpoles to run wire.

If you are in a wharehouse type area, you can put a roll of tape with a string around at the far end and tap the truss untill it falls over the truss. Repeat as needed until you get the wires where you need. It saves from carrying the extenstion ladder at times.
A co-worker still uses his wooden poles and rubber ball on the end of a rope, from his General Telephone days. He can get cable across a warehouse or packing house pretty quickly. It's pretty impressive to watch.

Another vote for the Gopher Pole. I actually started out using (was provided with) one of the older red/orange colored telescoping poles, but they weren't as good because the lengths were longer than a ceiling tile, which made it tough to use when up against a wall. It also didn't have a loop on the end, which meanth you had to always tape your cables onto the pole. The white Gopher Pole is a good tool to have. I wouldn't go without it. When you need it, you need it. What more is there to say?

Graybar has fiberglss sectional pole with bungee like cord in center,only 12' long when open.can't remember name.Does anyone have source for small waxed string balls?,new graybar supply is to large for throwing. The smaller size was perfect.

I understand the concept with these things over a drop ceiling. But since it is not code to leave the wires laying on the grid, you still have to go up and support them from the building structure. Right?

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
Computer Repair-Networking-Cabling
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE
Originally posted by jeffmoss26:
I understand the concept with these things over a drop ceiling. But since it is not code to leave the wires laying on the grid, you still have to go up and support them from the building structure. Right?
Yes, BUT...

...you can save some time by not having to visit each tile opening twice (1x for pulling the cable along your intended path + 1X to secure the cable in its final position).

I've got a Cable Caster. First time I used it, I lost a dart. Many times after that, it hit a support wire or building steel and bounced back toward my face. :bang: More trouble than it is worth, so I stick with fiberglass rods.

There were two occasions where I successfully shot a dart and had it drop down through an open grid 60' away. I bring it out now more for the conversation value than anything. Always wanted to take one fishing, though!

-Steve
I can't believe that no one uses the ultimate cable installation tool out there today - the golf ball retriever. It's lightweight, extendable to different lengths (24' is the largest I've seen), sturdy, multi-purpose and money saving in more ways than one. When you're driving home from a job past a golf course and just happen to have your clubs with you, pull the retriever out of the van, throw it in the bag, and away you go! You saved time installing the cable and now you can get a couple dozen balls for free after work.

I bought the Cable Caster, used it on one job and threw it out. It shoots great but try reeling it in over ceiling tiles loaded with bx, water lines, gas lines, lights, sprinklers etc....

Chris

RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
I have a couple of golf ball retrievers , work great when you need to snag a cable just out of reach

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,299
Posts638,873
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,740 Shoretel
189,807 CTX100 install
187,941 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 21
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 133 guests, and 300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024