web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#461151 07/18/05 08:30 AM
OP Offline
I am trying to dial into a customers site and when I make a connection and hit the FUNCTIONS tab the file transfer window pops up (normal) then all of a sudden I get another window saying "could not transfer iml file". Then the entire system gets locked out of voicemail and the customer is forced to reboot.

I have tried all baud rates. I am using esi-access 2.10.6. The X class is currently running 10.6.1. I have tried from two other PC's and get the same problem. I am able to dial into all other X class systems. ESI on the other hand can dial in w/o a problem.

Thanks for all help/and comments in advance!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

What happens when you try and get in thru the NSP? I've had this happen on a gen 1 E-class but never heard of it happening to an X-Class. The fix for the E-class was software, and once upgraded it never happened again. I'd think ESI would be all over this problem if it locks up the whole thing and forces the customer to reboot...

OP Offline
Unfortunately this site does not have an NSP board. Otherwise this would be my first choice.

Htown, this is also the site with the "dropped calls" issue.

Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Sounds kinda like a main board or software issue to me. Or, the two problems you are having could be unrelated.

I thought all X-Class systems came with a NSP??

------------------
[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
| Signal Communication Systems - Fresno, CA |

| Telephone Systems, Voicemail Syste... & Data Cabling - Central Valley, CA

Weird... maybe it's a bad modem? Something is terribly wrong when just connecting to the modem crashes the voicemail. Btw, I also wasn't aware that you could even get an X-class without an nsp. It's built into the thing.

I had this exact problem and ESI sent out 2 cabinets before coming up with the solution. The solution was to shorten the email address in the NSP set-up for voice mail notifications via email. I know this sounds crazy but I was able to eliminate the problem by shortening the address name to [email protected] from [email protected] . My symptom (system crashes when accessing via ESI Access) was identical to yours.

Steven Tutino
Welcome to the board!

That's an interesting (but believable) scenario.

------------------
[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
| Signal Communication Systems - Fresno, CA |

| Telephone Systems, Voicemail Syste... & Data Cabling - Central Valley, CA

I experienced this identical problem with an in-house X Class. After replacing the cabinet twice and the problem still existing ESI engineering determined the cause. The reply address for our email notification was too long. When we shorted the address to "[email protected]" from "[email protected]" the problem went away. This setting is in the NSP setup tab (I believe option 8) in ESI admin. To correct the problem we manually shorted the address by logging in as the installer on the telephone.

Steven Tutino
OP Offline
Thanks for the info. I will be in the SOCAL area next week and will make a point to stop by that site and check that from a local set.

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,305
Posts638,892
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,834 Shoretel
189,957 CTX100 install
188,059 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 6
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (Yoda), 96 guests, and 30 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024