Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I've got a customer (2 locations one X128 one E128)

I can't get the problem to duplicate when I'm on site however both sites complain of this problem.

Situation:

X 106's phone rings for an incoming call on line 1 (analog CO) He/She is on the phone, then another call comes in, they place line 1 on hold or transfer the call to another department. They go to answer line 2 and the call on line 2 (another analog CO) gets dropped.

My theory is they are hanging up on the caller on line 2 somehow, however I have watched them answer calls before, and they appear to do it properly.

This never happens when the second call comes over line "3" (Actually line 19, first line of the PRI channels)

Has anyone ever seen this problem. I cannot duplicate it for the life of me.

Part II of this question.

If I install TAPIT or another SMDR software, will this inform me if the call was answered then hung up on? I've never used the SMDR on an ESI system to date so I'm not familiar with it at all.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
You said it never happens on line 3 (19), but then went on to say that the 3rd line is the first channel on a PRI. I would say different animal, and that it may not ever happen on it, since it's a different board, different programming, different type circuit, etc.

Have them flag it (Record Record) next time it happens, get you a time and date from the phone's LCD, then call ESI and see what they can tell you.

I once had a customer that complained that calls on hold kept switching between line 2 and line 3 while they were on hold. I was on the verge of trying to go through the bug report procedure when I saw the receptionist place a call on hold on line 2 and announce over the PA that there was a call holding on line 3! After I pointed this out I never got another similar report!

Brian Dunne
ETC Telecom
www.etctele.com
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Are they pressing the line button to try and answer it? I have seen people hang up on the first call and as their phone begins to ring they press the flashing line button which disconnects the call.

That's one of the first things I demonstrate and explain to users when I'm training them.

I had that happen one time with a new account and I called esi and they adjusted something I think it had to do with the page glare. I even called ESI to make I was correct.

Hey SMDR should show me the line it was called in on the ext it went to the length of the call and exactually what happened to the call so yes it would work. It will show weather it was a in bound or out bound call,the date,start time,duration of the call, the ext that made the call, the digits dialed or caller Id Information, and co line number.

Have the customer use the release key after the transfer. Do they have a headset? It sounds like they are pushing the incoming line and flashing the call. Do they have direct line appearance?

I spoke with Aircom on Friday and told him that the Page glare was incorrect and he said he changed it and the customer has not had the problem again. I thin that problem is fixed.

The Page Glare adjustment corrected the problem???

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,397 Shoretel
189,127 CTX100 install
187,421 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 116 guests, and 436 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024