Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#462353 01/31/07 04:19 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Has anyone ever done an S or E install with nothing but cordless phones? I have a potential sale, however this customer wants only cordless.

I've never done a site like exactly like that, and I feel they would be missing some features and ease of use. What do some of you other ESI dealers think?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#462354 01/31/07 04:25 PM
Aircom,

The 1 S-Class was with another dealer we got it done but it feels like it took for ever it took sereral days. We ended up adding several 48 button phones to it. We set mailbox monitor buttons on the 48 button phones for the cordlesses. It was a heck of a sale.

#462355 01/31/07 04:35 PM
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
That's a pretty unusual install, IMHO. We've installed another system with all cordlesses, and ended up going back in and replacing most of the cordlesses with desk phones. It sounds like a good idea to the customer, initially, but in the end they realize how impractical it really is.

I would recommend checking with ESI to make sure there are no physical limitations to the number of cordlesses, or to proximity of bases. Some cordless systems have these kinds of limitations, that might end up biting you in the butt.

If it's physically doable, I would recommend telling the customer that they need at least 1 48-button phone for programming (or at least a 24-button phone). If you're really a smooth talker, try getting them to get the cordless phones as supplements to the desk phones. The quick switch key and/or virtual mailbox buttons are great enablers for this type of setup.

Let us know how it turns out. This sounds like a good discussion a-brewin'.

#462356 01/31/07 06:56 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
It's a small job, 10 phones in a paint warehouse. However they last place I gave a bid to for a 5 phone (all cordless) S class was shocked at the cost. They figured they would receive 4 phones for $300 installed!

It's going to be an interesting sale if I can pull it off.

Right now they have a 2 CO line panasonic "radio shack" system. They called it expensive. hah

#462357 02/01/07 07:34 AM
"Right now they have a 2 CO line panasonic "radio shack" system. They called it expensive. hah"

Welcome to America...........

Avalon Services
New Jersey Voip Telephone systems voice & Data Cabling
www.avalonphones.com
#462358 02/03/07 05:14 AM
Ouch...It kills me to hear what our customers consider expensive in telecom. Have they talked with an attorney lately?
The problem I see with the all cordless sale is what you mentioned: ease of use and features missing. Another thing is the cordless phones tend to get broken, or the batteries eventually lose the ability to keep a charge. The customer forgets to charge it one day and now it is useless, which by the way is your fault for selling him a system that he has to be somewhat responsible for. My experience is to always have at least one "desk" phone installed so if by chance the cordless phone is "wasted", they can still use their system. In any senerio, good and bad comes back to your inital consultation and reccomendation.

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,422 Shoretel
189,183 CTX100 install
187,432 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Professor Shadow), 155 guests, and 410 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024