Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#464079 03/14/08 03:25 AM
BCHD Offline OP
OP Offline
We have had this problem with our system since it was first install almost 2 years ago and it has not been an issue until now. We are in the process of removing our Auto Attendant from our main number (don't ask. I don't even want to get started on it, I will just say that this is beyond my control.) The problem is that Ringback doesn't work on our pilot numbers, so when someone calls out main number, they currently hear silence until the AA picks up which is usually only about 2 or 3 seconds. When we remove the AA, the caller will head silence until someone picks up the phone, which just isn't going to work if all of our staff who will be answering phones are busy and can't answer the phone for several seconds while our callers hear nothing. No ring, no AA, no ACD, nothing. I have another office across town with the same system and it works just fine on theirs. both were installed by the same person. ESI is telling my installer that the problem lies with the PRI provisioning being NI1 and that the only way ringback will work is with NI2 provisioning. My question is how come my office across town with the same PRI provisioning has ringback and I don't? I think they are running FSI on their 256x and I am running FSIII on my 256x. When our system was first installed, it was only on FSII and was upgraded to attempt to correct this problem, but since we had the AA, it wasn't a big deal, but since the AA is being taken away from us we need to have ringback for our callers to know they are actually connecting to our phone system. Any information anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#464080 03/14/08 05:03 AM
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
I haven't run across this but i do know that ESI only supports the NI2 protocol. Perhaps try to record a moment of silence in the AA greeting or a guest mailbox then set the time out to the calling group??

#464081 03/14/08 05:16 AM
BCHD Offline OP
OP Offline
I did just find out that my site across town has all of their numbers coming in on the PRI as DID numbers instead of pilot numbers, which is why the ringback works on their system. My installer is checking now to see if ESI has a decent work-around or if we need to convert our Pilot numbers to DID's and if so I will have to go that route. I would really hate to have to go that route but if I must then I must. At least if I change them to DID's it will work around the problem and that may just be the best solution. Thanks again for all your advice and I will let you know what the outcome is with this.

#464082 03/14/08 03:01 PM
SST Offline
You can always ask your service provider to provide the ring back tone.

#464083 03/14/08 03:39 PM
You can simulate most of the pilot number features for incoming calls by chaining departments.

While we're on the subject, I thought ESI didn't support NI1. Do you have your protocol setting set to NI2 but the provider is providing NI1 and it still works?

I have a CLEC that can't provide outgoing caller ID name on NI2 and they have told me the only way is for them to change the protocol to NI1.

Does anyone think this is worth a try.

Brian Dunne
ETC Telecom
www.etctele.com
#464084 03/15/08 04:32 AM
SST Offline
ESI recommends NI2(default). You have the protocol options of 5ESS, DMS100, Siemens EWSD. NI1 is not supported and ESI warns against NI1 enhanced being passed off as NI2. I've never seen NI1 enhanced in any CO switch I've worked on or with but that's what I was told by ESI tech support one time.

#464085 03/15/08 06:52 PM
Just because ESI doesn't support something doesn't mean it won't work. All it may mean is that it's not a worthwile use of their R&D resources to verify and test every single aspect of its operation and interaction.

The old 16 key digital feature phones will work fine (in my experience) on the new Comm servers but they are "not supported".

Of course if anything goes wrong you are on your own, but it would be nice to know of others' experience in the field.

Brian Dunne
ETC Telecom
www.etctele.com
#464086 03/17/08 05:07 AM
BCHD Offline OP
OP Offline
The only protocol my carrier offers is NI1. My 256-x FSIII works fine normally with the exception of ringback. The remote office across town is also with the same carrier and I believe that their numbers are routed in via DID instead of Pilot numbers, although the numbers exist in both the Pilot and DID tables on the ESI. I think that I am going to have to convert my numbers from Pilot to DID with my carrier to resolve the issue, but my installer is checking with ESI to see if there are any other major programming differences that may correct this problem without having to make changes at the carrier level.

#464087 03/18/08 09:58 AM
Ran into this problem on a 72e FIII. I had to get ESI and the carrier on the same call at once. It did end up being a NI1 Vs. NI2 issue, but they were able to come up with a solution.

#464088 03/31/08 12:50 AM
BCHD Offline OP
OP Offline
Just an update on this. My provider is supposed to be re-provisioning my PRI today to NI2 which will hopefully correct this problem. ESI compared my system to the nearly identical system across town that this feature works fine on and looked even further than the system programming just to see how the data was being pushed into the PBX, and at the other site, ESI said it was NI2 commands that the other site was receiving. I will post another update once I am notified by the carrier that the provisioning is done and what the results are. Thanks for all the help.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,323
Posts638,970
Members49,779
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,300 Shoretel
190,581 CTX100 install
189,043 1a2 system
Newest Members
Rupert, igor11176, hamishegg, Rphoneguy, Kahm310
49,779 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 16
Rupert 7
tim10 5
lyte 4
jsaad 3
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 81 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024