web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
JBRAM Offline OP
OP Offline
My scenario: Customer has an ESI 50 with 6 Remote IP phones spread out over the Southeastern US; everyone "onsite" uses digital phones. No one uses a VPN and the business uses data storage that is hosted that they access via the cloud. So it is not like the network is saturated by remote workers accessing files on the main office server. They have about 6-8 PC's on site where the ESI 50 is located. Broadband connection is cable modem 10M down with 2M up in which they actually get about 90-95% of that consistently. They have asked about VPN's but I am not so sure that it would be helpful since so much goes through the cloud. So, how would you guys try to implement QoS?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Unless you control the circuit from end to end you can not properly implement QOS.

JBRAM agreed I don't know how some pure Voip systems can brag about QOS when the call is in the Gods of the public Internet. To me QOS on the Internet is an oxymoron......just me 2 cents.

Avalon Services
New Jersey Voip Telephone systems voice & Data Cabling
www.avalonphones.com
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Originally posted by Avalon:
JBRAM agreed I don't know how some pure Voip systems can brag about QOS when the call is in the Gods of the public Internet. To me QOS on the Internet is an oxymoron......just me 2 cents.
Amen to that..... i have a customer currently linked via an MPLS circuit that is moving and they have made the decision to use the internet to link the systems since the MPLS circuit is so expensive....

I wonder how expensive the disruption in their business will be when they have to endure 45 days of headaches while their new MPLS circuit gets provisioned.... :bang:

Originally posted by Avalon:
Although in theory I agree what you are saying, QOS router (Not VPN) can control what is going on at the host site. On the remote site you need to have the user pass through the internet to their work station through the ESI phone.

The key to having a good VOIP setup is being able to troubleshoot any weak parts of the link. After many many VOIP installations I feel real comfortable offering VOIP and the ESI product IMHO, does VOIP very well.

Walter my coment was directed toward those hosted/astrisk type services where you plug a bunch of SIP phones in an away you go.

Avalon Services
New Jersey Voip Telephone systems voice & Data Cabling
www.avalonphones.com

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,833
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,588 Shoretel
189,473 CTX100 install
187,623 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 6
dans 5
Who's Online Now
2 members (Yoda, Toner), 175 guests, and 233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024