web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Stromos Offline OP
OP Offline
I am looking to install an overhead paging system for an ESI-100 system. Using a toner I traced the output for the system and am now looking for an amp and megaphones. Currently I am looking at the Bogen TPU15A amp and SPT15A megaphones. Should these work for a basic one zone system? All I need is the ability to make announcements in a warehouse environment. How many megaphones can I have attached and do I just daisy chain them together?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
You can come out of the page port to a power supply and horns ... i prefer valcom for a simple install.

The number of horns is based on the power supply and if you only want one zone you can daisy chain them.

Stromos Offline OP
OP Offline
Okay I agree it looks like the Valcom might be an easier solution with their powered horns. Do I even need an Amp if I go with the powered Valcom speakers?

I am looking at four speakers roughly. Would I just Daisy chain the ring and tip to each speaker?

You will just need a power supply that will handle 4 speakers

Stromos Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally posted by Steve Mull:
You will just need a power supply that will handle 4 speakers
Thanks! I am going to use the Valcom speakers that have individual power supplies so we can add more in the future and not worry about power restrictions.

Each of the Valcom horns has what is called PU's (power units). For instance a 5 watt horn has 6 pu's. So to power up four 5 watt horns you need a power supply that will handle atleast 24 pu's (4 horns x 6 pu's= 24 power units. You always want to have a power supply equal to or higher than what it is you are trying to power, never lower.

Valcom horns come in 5 watt, 15 watt, and 30 watt

You need 2 pair for Valcoms, T&R and a pair for your 24 volt feed

Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Gelehu, doesn't that depend on distance too?

Also, Stromos, don't be fooled by the watt ratings on the horns. A 5w horn can provide a lot of coverage. It really depends on how much ambient noise you have in your warehouse, and how far apart you place them, as to which horn to use. I've used 15w horns before where I could have easily gotten away with 5w.

Justin

All Valcom self amplified speakers need a voice pair and 24v DC to operate. The Valcom web page is very informative, you figure out which horns/speakers you need, it tells you the number of power units required then you pick the correct power supply. Even things like volume controls and paging adaptors need the 24v

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,299
Posts638,875
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,745 Shoretel
189,818 CTX100 install
187,946 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 21
teleco 9
dexman 6
dans 6
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 146 guests, and 326 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024