web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I have an ECS switch with 2.0 software. I'm using VOIP/PRI from X/O. We are in the process of moving. I would like to have VM coverage on phones that are unplugged. These are external DID calls... ICM calls do go to the VM. I am using an older octel AA/VM system, not the Iwatsu VM card.

This is also a problem on softphone calls when the PC station is not connected. Am I missing something somewhere that allows this? I can point the incoming DNIS to the AA, but that is not really what I am looking for, and doesn't fix the softphone issue.

I have allowed those that want to use softphones to have a coverage key for their "real" extension, but that is a hack too...

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks a bunch!
-Shawn

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

What do you have set for call forwarding in class 10 for the stations?

I thought you said that your system was down...
Originally posted by ecs-nu-b:
I can point the incoming DNIS to the AA, but that is not really what I am looking for, and doesn't fix the softphone issue.
-Shawn
For the DID's at least, can't you just point the incoming DNIS to the VM box of the extension instead of the extension itself? I'm not sure how this integrates with the Octel, but it seems it should work.

"I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to."
-- Jimi Hendrix

OP Offline
I have tried all three possible setting in class 10 station forwarding All/NA/B-NA. All get the same busy signal. I can't forward directly into the VM box the way it is setup now. I can only put 4 digits into the DNIS table and the extension for the AA is the same as the VM. The system passes the tones to direct it to the proper mailbox. It's almost like the system won't allow the trunk to connect if the phone isn't plugged in. Am I missing a route step setting or something?

Thanks for the suggestions so far...
-Shawn

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
Your DNIS routing tables are trying to transfer the call to an extension first, voicemail second. You have to route the call to the voicemail first because, technically, the extension no longer exists. DNIS tables in Class 25 specify an extension in the Access number column, and a mailbox in the next column. Change the entry in the access number column to the voicemail system FEATURE access number (probably * , whatever you have programmed in Class 7 Feature Access Codes for Element 48) instead of the extension number, leaving the mailbox number entry in the MBOX/NSC/ACD column to route the call directly to the mailbox.

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
What he said is what I was talking about wink . laugh

"I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to."
-- Jimi Hendrix

OP Offline
Great! That is much better. The "*" in the first column and the ext in the second... does go to the users VM

Now I'm getting greedy. Is there any way I can have my cake and eat it too? I would like it to work in a way that the station would actually ring if it was connected (softphone) or plugged in (station)...
I can live with this solution for our move, but the softphone one does prevent me from using it as a primary extension.

Thanks for a solution that works, even if it is not perfect!
-Shawn

You should upgrade to latest software version. 3.0 had enhancements to unplugged phones being forwarded.

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
The most painless way to do this depends on the functionality/flexibility of your voicemail system.

Remove Fixed Call Forwarding (10.78) on the extensions involved, then tell the voicemail system to only perform a supervised transfer to those extensions if possible. This makes the voicemail system monitor the call. If a user picks up, the call is transferred. If not, the call routes to the voicemail box.

The main thing we want to achieve here is to keep the call from being transferred to the extension by the KSU. Normally, the KSU is the preferred equipment to process the call, but in this case, the KSU is just gonna spit the call out because it doesn't see the extension.

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.

Moderated by  JBean3329 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,297
Posts638,867
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,678 Shoretel
189,685 CTX100 install
187,876 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 106 guests, and 306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024