web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#469259 05/22/09 06:10 AM
OP Offline
Hello room. I may be taking over the maintenance of an existing Iwatsu Adix-M multi cabinet system. I've never worked on one before, and I have several questions I could use help with: Can you program over a phone?, or PC only? if PC only, do you have to have specific Iwatsu software or adapter to program? Is it a system that I could program without going to a class? (I've been working on systems for about 10 yrs and I know some are MUCH more complex than others)

Thanks in advance.

Girls are like phones. They love to be held, talked to.....but if you press the wrong button you'll be disconnected!
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
Welcome to the Board!

Programming an ADIX isn't the most difficult thing you'll ever do, but it can be a source of endless frustration until you get a feel for how data base items interact. It's possible to program thru the attendant phone, but considerably easier with the programming software. The software is proprietary, as is the DB9 connector used to connect to a pc.

Since you have some telephony experience, it may go a little easier for you because some of the terminology will be familiar. ADIX programming isn't what I'd consider intuitive, so previous knowledge is a big plus.

Going to the manufacturer's class would be a definite plus, but for now, it's available to registered dealers only. There may be an open class in the future, but I couldn't say for sure.

Check the manuals link at the top of the page and get your hands on the tech manual to get an idea of how much trouble it may or not be for you. It's not rocket science, but it isn't for the faint of heart, either.

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
OP Offline
Thanks for the response. I appreciate the time and the welcome to the board.

Girls are like phones. They love to be held, talked to.....but if you press the wrong button you'll be disconnected!
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Phoneguy, your sig is funny but when I asked my wife if she agreed she replied

"sorry wrong number".

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
OP Offline
Yeah Derrick, when I first seen it I thought it was hilarious, hopefully its not offensive to anyone.

I just got handed an Iwatsu ADIX system

It has VM, CPU and 2 408 cards.

I have no expierence with this system I usually work on Nortel and Inter-Tel switches.

I have the DB9 Adapter and the cable going into the CPU card. I have downloaded the docs that I can find but I cannot find any software.

Can someone point me in a direction to get the software so that I can manage this unit.

Also is this system like Nortels where you have to program the port before a phone on that port will get power?

In order to get the most responses, it's always a good idea to start your own topic so other's realize that it is a new thread.

That being said, the software required to program the Iwatsu is proprietary and available only to distributors and certified technicians. You'll find that Iwatsu keeps a very tight lid on its distribution.

Phones will receive power if they are correctly connected to a valid port as long as the card has been properly recognized in the system - they just will not have programming for operation.

"I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to."
-- Jimi Hendrix

VCE Offline
Phoneguy,
Still having programming problems? I don't agree with JBean in this instance. Programming an ADIX or ECS system is simple. These systems default to an operational state, so you just need to change extension numbers (default = 201 ...), add names, set basic incoming call processing, etc.
Obviously, having the appropriate programmer is the way to go. You can program through an attendant phone, but I don't recommend doing major programming that way...(small changes - no prob)

Moderated by  JBean3329 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,299
Posts638,872
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,729 Shoretel
189,772 CTX100 install
187,933 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 150 guests, and 299 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024