web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
There is an existing ADIX-APS in our hotel. (2)408cards (1)ix-8subm and (1)4vml.. The first 408 card is punched down and the 17th pair (yellow/yellow orange) is labeld CO1 which has our verizon line punched down with it. We also have a 2pair IX-12KTD-3 Phone punched down on white/white green which lights up the phone but we have no dial tone when we hit CO1.. there IS dial tone at the punch down. I know I should have a phone guy take a look, But was wondering if this could be a simple fix before.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
Also there is no ICM Dial tone

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
First be sure the button you're pressing is really programmed as CO 1-

Press FEAT, #, 9 then press the button for CO 1. The phone display will show how the button is programmed.

Are you trying to hear tones with the speakerphone or through the handset or both?

Try a different phone at that location to determine whether the problem is the phone or a system error.

Be sure the cable(s) connecting the system cards are well seated.

IF nothing presents itself as a fix, call your phone guy.

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
OP Offline
Thanks for the response JBean!

I havnt had a chance to peak at it yet but yesterday I tried hearing from both speaker and handset and got nothing. When I did press the CO1 line on the phone it did come up on the display as CO1. If that says anything..Does the CO Line polarity matter on the punch down?

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
Polarity shouldn't really make any difference. If you have two 408 cards, swap them around as well as swapping phones.

Also, at your test phone, press FEAT, 99. This will tell you which port your phone is connected to and also identify which 408 card it's really connected to.

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
OP Offline
So the phone is programmed as the front desk, CO1 LINE is programmed as CO1 and the ext.26 and next to that displays 202.

OP Offline
Are there any dip switches on the CPU/408 card that need to be on/off?

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
The EXT 26 means this phone is connected to logical port 26 on the phone system, the second port of the 4th card from the left, and assigned access/es\xt number 202. This is probably NOT the card CO 1 connects to. What happens if you try to call ext 202?

There is a DIP/slide switch on the front edge of the card that has to be in the up position- it's the make busy switch. If there's a blinking LED on the lower edge of the card it means the card has been busied out. Slide the switch up to reset the card if it's in the down position.

OP Offline
If I try to call ext 202 i get nothing, I cant even call any room extensions.... The layout of the ADIX_AP inside the XI-cml is as follows(from left to right) Power supply, Blank slot, 408(where CO and phone are punched down,I traced the 25-pr from that 408 to the punchdown just to make sure), another 408,8subm,and 4VML Card...I tried swapping out the cards and the phone did not display anything but a lit up background. This is a digital system correct? How could I tell which card the CO line belongs on..
THANKS AGAIN!!

OP Offline
If the phone is connected to that first 408 from the left, Im curious as to how the phone still displays as ext.26?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  JBean3329 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,298
Posts638,870
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,709 Shoretel
189,747 CTX100 install
187,917 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 27
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 107 guests, and 359 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024