web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#470243 06/25/12 10:27 AM
OP Offline
I have a customer that has an ADIX system with (I believe) an IX-4VML card installed. The system goes to the auto-attendant without issue when the system is in night mode (incoming calls are programmed to DIL to group 47 in night mode), but will not go to the AA in day mode (system is setup to DIL top group 0 in day mode with group 47 setup as the delayed hunt group).

The odd thing about it is that if I connect to the voicemail card using the VMI editor and view the status while making an incoming call when the system is in day mode the card shows that the AA *is* answering after the delayed ring timer expires (I see it playing the outgoing message for menu 900, attempting to record a message, etc), though I don't hear anything other than ringing on the calling side.

I've compared all of the settings in this system with the settings on a known good system with similar hardware but can't find anything out of the ordinary.

Any thoughts?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
You can test the system during the day mode by dialing the access code for hunt group 47. Dial it, then listen to the greeting being played. Is it the proper greeting for menu 900, or is it some canned response? It may be your greeting needs to be re-recorded.

If you do a test when you can watch the status window, try dialing an extension when the window says it's playing menu 900, just to see what happens. This may point you in the right direction.

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
OP Offline
Looking back at my original question, I didn't accurately describe the situation.

When I call in to the system in night mode, the AA picks up immediately and plays the correct outgoing message for the time of day.

When I call in to the system in day mode and let it ring, all that I hear on the calling side is ringing. Nothing ever answers. If I watch the status on the voicemail card, however, I see that the AA goes through the motions of answering (going to the correct menu based on the time), but the caller continues to only hear ringing.

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
Do your CO lines have anything programmed for delay ring stations? If you want calls to go to AA, there shouldn't be anything in 11.33. Are any of the stations set to ring fixed call forwarded to VM?

Set one of your CO lines to DIL to 47 during the day for testing, then check for proper greetings, etc.

Call each VM extension to verify it works at all during the day.

Check ALL your incoming lines. You may have a dead line in an incoming hunt group, possibly line 3 or 4.

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
OP Offline
I just went out onsite and double-checked the programming and re-tested the incoming calls. There is nothing programmed in either Ringing Stations (11.32) or Delayed Ringing Stations (11.33). The only programming for incoming calls is:

11.34 (Day: DIL to HG): 0
11.34 (Night: DIL to HG): 47
11.73.03 (Delayed Hunting Group): 47

When I sit at extension 201 (the only extension in HG 0) with night mode manually set and call using my cell phone, the voicemail immediately picks up and plays the appropriate message. (I even changed the time on the VM card to ensure that it was playing the night message as needed).

When I turn off night mode and call in, extension 201 rings until the time set in 04.16 (Delayed Ringing Time) expires, then extension 201 stops ringing. While logged in to the VM card and viewing status, the appropriate actions are being taken by the voicemail port (it plays the correct outgoing message, then records a message into the approriate box (the no-action setting is to record a message)). All the while, my incoming call continues to ring in my cellphone earpiece as though the call has not been picked up.

Eventually the call will time-out on the CO side and get pushed to the next line in the CO hunt group, at which point 201 will ring until the Delay Timer expires, the VM card will indicate that it is answering correctly, and my cell phone will continue ringing as though nothing has picked up. Until I hang up my cell phone (or pick up the call when it rings on 201) it will continue to ring without being answered.

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
There is no hunt group 0. Try putting the attendant in hunt group 1 and placing that in DIL to hunt group for day ringing along with any other phones you need to ring if they're not already listed in 11.32 for day ringing. If nothing is listed in 11.32 for day ringing, the system will by default send the call to the attendant, but forwarding doesn't always work correctly as the call is treated as an attendant intercept call.

What type of CO lines do you have? POTS, PRI, T1?

Can you call each individual voice mail port by extension number during day mode and have it answer?

What is your Delay Ring Timer setting in Class 4.16?

Call into the system during night mode. When the system picks up, press # sign, enter 900 and check the recorded greeting for mailbox 900, and that the correct greeting is programmed to play.

PM sent

OP Offline
It may be that the issue is related to it just ringing to the attendant because DIL is set to 0. (I was using "Hunt Group 0" as short-hand for saying that it was the attendant station, mostly because I was mis-interpreting the way that the DIL worked when it was set to 0). This is the first time that I've had this particular behavior occur, though, and I've worked on a lot of systems with similar DIL settings.

The CO lines are POTS lines.

I can call each individual voice mail port by extension number and it answers correctly.

Delay Ring Timer is currently set to 8; it was originally set to 12 but I dropped it down in order to test if there was some other rolldown behavior kicking in on the CO side (the customer had vague recollections of there previously being something set up on the CO side to forward calls to his cell phone, but it had been a while since it had been set up like that so he wasn't sure one way or the other).

If I connect to the system in night mode and log in to 900 it plays the correct greeting.

Moderated by  JBean3329 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,593 Shoretel
189,478 CTX100 install
187,629 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 6
dans 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (Touch Tone Tommy), 163 guests, and 336 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024