Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Admin
Admin
On another note, are you planning to charge $45 to $50 for each telephone set or just those with DID numbers? Do you have the capability to set up ACDs? Will the telephones work through your average firewall etc.? Our local telco will be offering a similar service very soon and I'm just curious what it'll look like...

[Linked Image from web.atcomsystems.ca]
Looking for a VoIP Phone Canada provider? Put Atcom's valuable VoIP expertise to work for your business today!
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I have also dealt with centrex wich was so hyped up, because you did not need to by a PBX, that allot of customers signed up for the service. Ask those ex-centrex customers today about there experience and then you will see aggretion. The worst part of it all were the companies who re-sold centrex services and then dissapearing into the night, leaving customers with no dial tone and a whole lot of bills to pay. Companies today know that when it comes to there telephone system they are not willing to gamble it away on something that sounds to good to be true. You get what you payed for.

Vani

bbarnes Offline OP
OP Offline
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Toner:
On another note, are you planning to charge $45 to $50 for each telephone set or just those with DID numbers? Do you have the capability to set up ACDs? Will the telephones work through your average firewall etc.? Our local telco will be offering a similar service very soon and I'm just curious what it'll look like...</font>

45-50 for everyone with the GUI. Everyone gets a DID. If they just want dialtone we call that a "phone only". As long as they have at least 10 GUI's they can get as many "phone only's" for $29.95/month.

Right now we have "certified" Polycom's. They need to have a static IP. So any remote users have to be connected to a VPN where our QoS circut comes into.

However we have tested with the WISP 5000. Its a Hitatchi wifi phone. If you haveent seen I suggest that you take a look. It looks like a cell phone, the battery life is great and it will work in any hotspot. Not bad for $29.95/mo.

On another note. I hate Centrex too. Always have. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

www.itel-ip.com

VoIP, with Features Galore
First I would like to say that I come from the old school and believe there is nothing like a good reliable pbx, but I'm telling you the future is VOIP and its coming quicker then you think. I just got back from a week long class for the Cisco Call manager and it is solid. They make programing more difficult then it needs to be, but its there. We are 5 months away from going all VOIP(600 extension). I was in a meeting with Seimens about a new system and they said that all there R&D is going into VOIP. You have to roll with it and find your niche.

bbarnes Offline OP
OP Offline
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mgere:
First I would like to say that I come from the old school and believe there is nothing like a good reliable pbx, but I'm telling you the future is VOIP and its coming quicker then you think. I just got back from a week long class for the Cisco Call manager and it is solid. They make programing more difficult then it needs to be, but its there. We are 5 months away from going all VOIP(600 extension). I was in a meeting with Seimens about a new system and they said that all there R&D is going into VOIP. You have to roll with it and find your niche.

</font>

Ya mean I'm not alone? [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

------------------
www.itel-ip.com

www.itel-ip.com

bbarnes, Do you actually have the hosted pbx at your site or are you reselling the service. We looked at rebranding Level 3 but then read they were going to discontinue the service and got turned off of it. (I believe they are trying to "clean up" the company for a buyout). There seems to be many advantages for the hosted as the feature set increases. What softswitch are you using and what software (sylantro, broadsoft,etc..)

bbarnes Offline OP
OP Offline
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by annacat:
bbarnes, Do you actually have the hosted pbx at your site or are you reselling the service. We looked at rebranding Level 3 but then read they were going to discontinue the service and got turned off of it. (I believe they are trying to "clean up" the company for a buyout). There seems to be many advantages for the hosted as the feature set increases. What softswitch are you using and what software (sylantro, broadsoft,etc..) </font>

We actually host ourselves and developed the enhancements to make it work in a GUI. We are a master integrator and an independent software vendor for Interactive Intelligence (that's our platform). They have more features than anything I have seen on one platform. I havent talked to anyone from Sylantro so I cant speak to them but all of the Broadsoft people I have talked to say they have'nt delivered on promises they made years ago and its pretty expensive to get into. Our program is more of a plug and play. We do allow Co-branding and we take care of everything else. All we ask of our partners is that they show up on site (and sell of course). We config everything.

Another good question. Thanks.

-bbarnes

------------------
www.itel-ip.com

www.itel-ip.com

How many systems do you have in the field?

------------------

mgere, God bless your nightmare. 600 extensions, Cisco? There are so many basic functions not supported I can't believe they are still in the phone business. Good luck my friend.

29.95/month is kinda steep for a large application. I am assuming the customer provides their own phones as well?

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,307
Posts638,895
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,988 Shoretel
190,167 CTX100 install
188,349 1a2 system
Newest Members
Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks
49,770 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
teleco 6
dexman 6
dans 5
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (BforBENDETTA), 55 guests, and 35 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024