Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
OP Offline
Yes, Larry I am afraid so. The president of the company has one at his home, and of course that has been working fine as well. It still is because it's linked to the original (hub) site.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
Bobby:

I don't think that's an option because Vodavi doesn't support NAT. Isn't that what's going to happen if I put one system behind a router? Even with DMZ, any modification isn't supported by this system.

Maybe I am wrong, and I probly am, but we have never been able to do any IP networking with Vodavi systems in over two years without bypassing routers and using small switches ahead of them using static IP's.

We only have one system of dozens where this wasn't necessary, and that customer has a ten-person full time IT staff. For the little customers, it's up to us and we are telephone men, not IT people.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Ed
Are you sure the new static ip they gave you is a reserved ip address ? If it's not reserved and falls in the range of ip addresses for dhcp you will have problems . Before the move the 2 systems probably where accessing 2 seperate servers for ip call control . Not having access to the network is frustrating at least . I work with some genius network people , I not being one more of a TDM guy learning new technology . If you feel comfortable about it , PM with the info they would need to know and I will answer you with their best solution to your problem . smile

Let It Be , I live in a Yellow Submarine . SCCE
Man, I don't know what is going to happen if you connect it to a router. But it might just work. LoL
It's not working now so what do you have to loose?
I don't think it will hurt anything to try it.

I guess I'm going back to the days when I was an instructor in a controlled environment where we could put things to the test.

But we also made that equipment do things that the engineers said was impossible !

All kidding aside, I have called a friend that has a great deal of experience with voip and I'll let you know what his opinion is on this monster.

Well this is not a matter of VoIP or routers or such. It's a matter of how the Vodavi system software does the networking between sites as Ed stated in his original post. I find it hard to understand why Vodavi is limited to not having a point to multi-point VoIP network on the same subnet or gateway. If this is the case then you are telling me that the Vodavi product can not do a campus wide school district networking utilizing VoIP. I have a school district now with 10 nodes with the hub and adding three more nodes when school is out. Are you sure you just didn't get some tech in tech support telling you wrong. I think I would escalate this within Vodavi and get to an engineer for clarification. As far as your customer goes, it is not your fault that "their" move precipatated the problem now encountered. If the ultimate solution is acquiring another ISP, then it is your customer's responsibility in that they provide the IP gateway to tie the two systems together. Not yours!

My 2 cent opinion , still says Ed's problem is failing at layer 2/3 . :shrug:

Let It Be , I live in a Yellow Submarine . SCCE
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Ed, you know my experience is little with the VoIP networking on Vodavi but, don't you set these up in your shop and test them first?

If so, then aren't you on the same gateway & subnet there? I too find it hard to believe that your problem is because of being on the same gateway.

Are you sure they're not blocking any ports?

If all else fails, erhaps you could get a couple of routers with VPN. Create a VPN tunnel between the sites and change your IP's to what you want.

The guy I called told me he didn't know what was going on either.

Sorry about that Ed. I think I would do like punchdown said and get another guru on the phone at vodavi, if you haven't already done that.

Ok the subnet should not matter.
as for the gateway I could not answer because vodavi must be doing something wrong a gateway is a gateway is a gateway.

I think nfc has a point about the port blocking.
I read recently that the big carriers a required to block some mail ports because of spammers and the like, maybe that is happening here?

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,307
Posts638,895
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,988 Shoretel
190,167 CTX100 install
188,349 1a2 system
Newest Members
Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks
49,770 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
teleco 6
dexman 6
dans 5
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (BforBENDETTA), 55 guests, and 35 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024