Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#472975 06/15/09 11:56 AM
MVSpeed Offline OP
OP Offline
Anyone ever heard of this? Found a website but can't find a site to do side-by-side against other systems. Today a company put a bid in for one and was required to meet or exceed a Shore-Tel features and functionality. At about 40% less than Shore-Tel I have to question if it's at all proven :shrug:
Thanks
Randy

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#472976 06/15/09 04:47 PM
PBXNSIP is made by IP phone vendor Snom. It's a software SIP pbx that runs on a PC. It differs from Asterisk in that it can run on Windows, is not open source, and does SIP only (no other protocols or hardware cards). I have never used it so I can't comment on usability or reliability. Here is a little blurb on the company from voip-info.org .

snom 4S History: In 2000 it was very difficult to test SIP against anything else, so snom decided to build a test system and give it away for free also to customers. Over time, more and more features went into the system, and customers were accepting the software as commercial product. snom then called this system 4S for "snom small SIP system". Today, there is a broad range of SIP software available and in order to maker partnerships easier, snom moved the software into a seperate company. The 4S was moved to www.4snewcom.de which takes care about 4S for ITSP. There was a internal project called 5S which took care about the PBX, but in order to avoid confusion with the product names, the project took place in a new company with the name www.pbxnsip.com. The snom box uses the pbxnsip software now as a "third party" product.

#472977 10/30/09 03:39 PM
I tried the little pbxnsip cs410 boxes with Snom 360 phones in two offices. Pulled both installs out almost immediately. We had FXO's freeze, call apearances go wacky, bizarre and incorrect lamp behavior and many other issues. Even pbxnsip staff were unable to fix the issues remotely. The issues were primarily linked to how it communicated with its built in 4 port FXO bridge. When using a voip provider for sip trunking instead of the FXO's, these problems did not occur. Nat traversal is non-existent even though sales literature claims otherwise.

It was a nightmare in our case, but I have heard of others who are happy with the product. Frankly, I was not impressed with support, they require virtually no training to be a partner and the software has quirks that they seem to struggle to fix.

#472978 10/31/09 04:06 AM
"they require virtually no training to be a partner"

thats always the red flag for me, if the new manufacturer only requires you to do some web based training for a few hours to become certified, then how do they think your be sucessful installing their system out in the real world....

Avalon Services
New Jersey Voip Telephone systems voice & Data Cabling
www.avalonphones.com
#472979 10/31/09 07:08 AM
It seems all of AsteRISK based systems all claim an easy leaning curve and online training.

Not true. They may install easy but they work poorly.

IPitomy offered the same thing training wise for us when we were looking for a cheap IP solution.

They all do this to get you to sign up but it isn't worth the time it takes. It was a joke - a basic programming overview.

All they want is for you to start selling there box to create revenue for them and embarrasemnt for you when it doesn't work as advertised.

Either way if you can't get real training to sell and service an "Asterisk Solution" and certification on this type of system stay away and find a major IP manufacturer that will require certification.

You and the customer will benefit in the long run.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,299
Posts638,872
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,735 Shoretel
189,798 CTX100 install
187,938 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 94 guests, and 319 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024