Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#473453 05/09/11 05:59 AM
Rhonda Offline OP
OP Offline
We are looking at a Astrisk system and need to do a test with a small unit. Any ideas on a cheap card to interface with an Avaya Definity G3si v 11 switch?

Any direction you know we should start with this project?

Please advise. Thank you.
Rhonda

To Succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone. ..Reba McEntire
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#473454 05/09/11 10:47 AM
What kind of Ports does your Avaya Definity have on it? T1? PRI? POTS?

How many of those ports do you want to hook up to?

And what system are you going to use for testing? Most people rarely hook up to plain Asterisk. 99% of the time it's something like Trixbox, or Elastix, etc.

#473455 05/10/11 02:54 AM
Rhonda Offline OP
OP Offline
Well, we are looking to move away from traditional PBX and are looking mostly at the Digium at this time although we are totally up for suggestions from the VOIP guru!

My supervisor is an IT Guy and is messing around with setting up a tiny test system for say 8-10 people. We are going to test it within our department and place one set up at a location in another state. He wants a small, cheap card to play with.

Ultimately, if we go full bore on this, we'd have 300 users in Wisconsin between two locations and about 100 users in Iowa and possibly bring on our Texas location. Depending on how this all works.

I have no knowledge of this way of utilizing a PBX environment although my supervisor seems to have a grasp of VOIP.

I'd be willing to call you if it would be easier to discuss.

To Succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone. ..Reba McEntire
#473456 05/10/11 02:54 AM
Rhonda Offline OP
OP Offline
Well, we are looking to move away from traditional PBX and are looking mostly at the Digium at this time although we are totally up for suggestions from the VOIP guru!

My supervisor is an IT Guy and is messing around with setting up a tiny test system for say 8-10 people. We are going to test it within our department and place one set up at a location in another state. He wants a small, cheap card to play with.

Ultimately, if we go full bore on this, we'd have 300 users in Wisconsin between two locations and about 100 users in Iowa and possibly bring on our Texas location. Depending on how this all works.

I have no knowledge of this way of utilizing a PBX environment although my supervisor seems to have a grasp of VOIP.

#473457 05/10/11 02:54 AM
Rhonda Offline OP
OP Offline

#473458 05/10/11 02:54 AM
Rhonda Offline OP
OP Offline

#473459 05/10/11 05:56 AM
Wow, 4 Rhondas! It must be my lucky day!!! laugh

Either that or I'm reallllllllly hungover and still dreaming. Either way, it works for me!

OK, but if you want to interface the Definity and Asterisk, I would still need to know what kind of interface the Definity will be connecting to Asterisk with to make an exact recommendation.

However, there are really only two analog options. First being T1/PRI, the second being FXO/FXS. I am assuming he wants to run SIP deskphones so he can get all the features.

For T1/PRI, I would recommend a Sangoma A101. This is a single-port T1/PRI card. They also come in echo-cancelling flavors if he is going to be doing a LOT of inbound IVR stuff or wants guaranteed faxing reliability across it.

The second option is a Sangoma A200 POTS card. This is a modular card that allows you to add FXS and FXO lines in groups of 2 up to 24 total ports. I would highly recommend you get the echo-cancelling version (A200d). POTS lines are quite dicey without a good hardware echo-can.

Either card new will run you around the $500 price range. Sangoma offers a lifetime warranty on the cards as long as you buy them through a dealer. Their ability to self-diagnose and trouble-shoot without the use of external equipment is quite nice as well.

As far as giving me a call that's fine, just drop me a line and we'll set up a time. Afternoons usually work best for me.

#473460 05/10/11 06:47 AM
Rhonda Offline OP
OP Offline
Ihave no idea why I popped in 4x. It's just that kind of day.

Yes, we use T-1's... sorry I forgot to mention that.

I'll copy my boss on this so he can decide.

Thank you Kumba!!!

#473461 05/10/11 06:38 PM
No problem. Just have the third Rhonda show up at a meet. The other 3 can stay home smile

#473462 05/11/11 03:00 AM
Rhonda Offline OP
OP Offline
lol... I'll see what I can do about that one wink

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,322
Posts638,968
Members49,779
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,267 Shoretel
190,545 CTX100 install
188,982 1a2 system
Newest Members
Rupert, igor11176, hamishegg, Rphoneguy, Kahm310
49,779 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
Rupert 7
tim10 5
lyte 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 242 guests, and 77 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024