Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
djweis Offline OP
OP Offline
What do I need to get started using 710 connectors? I have some outside projects coming up and didn't want to sit in the cold long enough to do the whole thing in scotchlocks.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Maybe this link will help.

Retired phone dude
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
If it's a short-term project, I can rent you the tools instead of buying them (they are mighty expensive to buy for sure).

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Maybe this is the wrong venue to bring this up - but I'll try it anyway, and moderators - shut me down if I'm wrong.

Do you guys like the MS/2 system? I've used it a number of times and I really don't care for it. I mean I started with B-Connectors (and did a bit of stripping & sleeving too)so maybe I'm old fashioned, but I found the 3M system bulky, ungainly and it made HUGE splices. I mean, you practically needed a garbage can for a 1200 pr splice! [small exaggeration]

I've heard complaints about "good-and-plentys" failing, but I never saw it. I liked them and the Picabond system was pretty good too, but the 3M - I don't know.

What's supposed to be so good about it?

Sam

"Where are we going and why are we in this hand basket?"
KLD Offline
Sam, Please jump to my thread I'm starting so we don't hijack this one.... smile

Ken
---------
djweis Offline OP
OP Offline
Bill, that helps a bit. I still need the arm and the ratty wooden box/chair to mount it to, correct :-)
Ed, that might be a better option. It's only a few hundred pairs but it needs to be a physically small splice.

KLD Offline
If it has to be small and tight....Picabonds.

Ed, you got a tool and a third hand tool? :shrug:

My 1 dollar, 2.98, plus change.... laugh :

Ken
---------
DJ, Yes, I have the tool, the "third arm" and the "splicer's seat" (a nice term for a plywood box painted O.D. Green). I like to use 709 connectors for small-count splices that need to be small and tight, especially since they don't require any special tools. It's a lot of work to drag out the 710 tool for a small job, however I have the 745A tool that terminates the 710 modules that's a lot more convenient and easier to clean. I even have quite a few of the ten-pair 710 modules too. I like them for cutting in terminals, etc.

Sam, I HATED the MS2 system. Pairs always jumped out of the spring positions, even after you checked and rechecked. Everything was perfectly aligned until you closed the handle. I decided to ditch them and stick with 710. If you manage to screw up a 710 module, you need to find a new line of work! :rofl:

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
KLD Offline
Ed, I actually do not have a cavernous warehouse but in storage I do have the "ratty" box, the Amp tool, and the "third hand" for it. Picabonds rule....boo, BIX. wink

Ken
---------
Ok while we are talking about splicing, I mentioned this to Ed earlier...a cabling guy I was talking to today said that 'beanies' are really Scotchloks, because he says they look like jellybeans, and 'B-wire connectors' which I always called Beanies, are the ones with all those fancy nicknames we adore so much. Who is right here?
PS. It has to be me, because alarm guys use Beanies, not Scotchloks, and we call them Beanie boys!

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
Computer Repair-Networking-Cabling
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  EV607797 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,297
Posts638,866
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,673 Shoretel
189,627 CTX100 install
187,863 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 6
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 138 guests, and 286 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024