web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#478166 10/04/09 10:27 AM
OP Offline
I'm on HOLD with Optimum Voice right now so I have a moment to give you a report:

My friend Helen, in Massapequa Park, had her VZ line ported to Optimum Voice.

When the alarm company notified her that they were not receiving the weekly test signals from her fire alarm system, they investigated and discovered that because Helen lives in a condo, the NID is not on her premises, and OV were not allowed to rewire the condo such that the alarm would work. The alarm company then installed a cellular-based communicator so that she would continue to be protected. This communicator was an added expense that she had not counted on, since when she she had VZ, she didn't need it.

(I'm still on HOLD)

I just spoke to Helen on my other line, and she reports that OV sent three technicians at three different times during the last three weeks, and they sent a supervisor, too. Those fellows didn't know how to fix the problem, and they stated that the corporate policy is "this is not what we do."

(Denise, the CSR is back on the phone...)

Denise says that she is not allowed to give me any information about Helen's account, because I am not Helen. Helen must call in herself. I told Denise that I do not want to receive any information about Helen or her account, I wish to transmit technical advice to the OV company, and need to be transferred to a technical department supervisor. Denise says that that is impossible, because I am not Helen. She "axed" me if Helen would call in, and I said that it would do no good for her to call in, as I am a licensed electrician with 50 years of experience in communications circuitry, and I speak on Helen's behalf. I offered to have Helen fax a Letter of Agency, and Denise said that it would do no good, because they do not recognize those.

OV will not set up a vendor meet at my convenience, and since I am 2 hours away from Helen's condo, I would need to drive there and wait for them to arrive for whatever appointment suits them.

I told Denise that I am trying to avoid a lawsuit and generally bad PR for her company, by offering to intervene and instruct her technicians so that in the future they might be able to avoid such a situation.

She said that they don't care about that, since their policy is not do any repairs on wiring on customers' premises, either prior to or after an installation.

I asked her for the physical location of the OV corporate HQ so I could send a registered letter to them about this case, and she states that she is not allowed to divulge their corporate HQ location for security reasons.

(Perhaps too many peasants with torches and pitchforks trying to get their wiring straightened out?)

While she explained the security angle, I Googled the phrase "Optimum Voice Corporate" and got this:

I am wondering if anyone reading this works for OV who could let me know the best way to get this info to someone in authority at the Optimum company, since the CSR refused to transfer my call to the technical department.

Arthur P. Bloom
"30 years of faithful service...15 years on hold"

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#478167 10/04/09 11:57 AM
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
"Internet Explorer cannot display this page" frown John C.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
#478168 10/04/09 12:02 PM
OP Offline
try again

The Sundance URL thingie added the extra www and fouled it up.

Arthur P. Bloom

#478169 10/04/09 12:02 PM
One too many http's.

Anyway their headquarters are on the Island, the Bethpage address should be correct.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
#478170 10/04/09 12:09 PM
OP Offline
Thanks. Any other advice? Will they reimburse Helen for my invoice if I fix it? Any experience with talking to their tech support gurus?

apb

Arthur P. Bloom

#478171 10/04/09 02:45 PM
Arthur, PM sent.

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
Computer Repair-Networking-Cabling
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE
#478172 10/04/09 03:04 PM
Will they reimburse Helen for my invoice if I fix it?

Only if she files in small claims.

Any experience with talking to their tech support gurus?

Gurus? :rofl: Don't waste your time.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
#478173 10/04/09 03:12 PM
Hal, if they are based in India, maybe they are real 'gurus' LOL

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
Computer Repair-Networking-Cabling
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE
#478174 10/04/09 03:40 PM
How about an online complaint to NYS Psc:

www.dps.state.ny.us

Dont they pay to go back to VZ if your not satisfied.?

#478175 10/05/09 03:27 AM
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Optium is a cable company. Good luck.

Moderated by  dexman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,299
Posts638,872
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,731 Shoretel
189,783 CTX100 install
187,935 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (newtecky), 101 guests, and 305 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024