web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
RJ31X Offline OP
OP Offline
Has anyone tried the new GE Simon XT, yet?

I see that they've introduced it. I looks sharp. From the specs, it looks like it might be a good "entry level" system for those only needing/wanting basic property protection.

I'll probably get a kit to bench test, but I thought I'd ask here to see if anyone might have some hands-on feedback or insight on nifty new features.

Learning as fast as I can.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

not yet, how do you like the GE systems overall? I am not to familiar with them.

I Swear I did not touch anything bash
RJ31X Offline OP
OP Offline
I haven't worked with GE stuff much, either.

I'm familiar with their sensor applications book, which is a pretty decent resource even if you don't use GE systems or sensors.

I looked briefly at the previous Simon stuff and I didn't care for it... mainly because it was about as ugly as a sack full of a-holes.

Ademco Lynx looks okay and works well, but I hate it. Flimsy as a fruit roll-up.

I recently saw some marketing stuff from GE about their new Simon XT system. It looks nice, which will help with customers.

I'd love to find something *well constructed* with *good features* ... and if it *looks nice* to boot, then I'll be happier than a kitten with a basket full of yarn.

I guess I'll have to get one to bench test, either way.. but I was hoping someone here might have some feedback, one way or the other.

Originally posted by RJ31X:
Has anyone tried the new GE Simon XT, yet?

I see that they've introduced it. I looks sharp. From the specs, it looks like it might be a good "entry level" system for those only needing/wanting basic property protection.

I'll probably get a kit to bench test, but I thought I'd ask here to see if anyone might have some hands-on feedback or insight on nifty new features.
Seems like I am the only person that has a problem with the Simon systems. When they take a chimp to a show and let him program the panel to show how easy it is, something is wrong. Most GE systems provide very minimal security.

Welcome to the board . welcome WAS.

I never have used the Simon or any similar system for that matter, I have considered the Ademco (Honeywell) lynx, but have yet to install any. how do you feel about them?

I Swear I did not touch anything bash
RJ31X Offline OP
OP Offline
I like the Visonic stuff, except for the fact that it is so ugly.

It has a solid feel to it, quick and easy install, simple programming, nice features, etc. -- it is just so ....UGLY looking.

Originally posted by anthonyh:
Welcome to the board . welcome WAS.

I never have used the Simon or any similar system for that matter, I have considered the Ademco (Honeywell) lynx, but have yet to install any. how do you feel about them?
A little late on the response, but. Ademco is the only systems I use.

They are a lot less problematic. I have customers who have had a lynx system in their house and have had to change nothing except for batteries for 10 years.

Moderated by  metelcom 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,595 Shoretel
189,481 CTX100 install
187,645 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 5
Who's Online Now
3 members (Dave Simmons, Yoda, justbill), 146 guests, and 329 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024