Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#48103 04/26/06 12:35 PM
505BPD Offline OP
OP Offline
Can anyone tell me how to get my phone to ring at my workstation. The extention will ring and my outside line will work, but I only get the flashing light, no ring... I already checked the volume. Is there something in the System Programing I should be checking? This is an Executone system.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-ESI - Executone
Do you have access to the System programming?

it's in there.

" A " screen, your ext.

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel..

Retirement 2019 ( It has happened )
He says he's from Earth ..nonameyet...I think it's a trick... he must really be one of those aliens..I heard they really like the IDS systems up there! :rofl: [Linked Image from websmileys.com]

505DPB - you may want to restate the problem. You say "The extention will ring and my outside line will work, but I only get the flashing light, no ring" - so in the same sentance you state that your phone will ring yet won't ring... If you need a particular outside line to ring, the very simple answer is that it's programmed in the "A" screen. Your system may be configured in a more complex manner - so just enabling ring in the A screen may not be appropriate... More details would help.
Mike

505BPD Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the help guys. To narrow my location down, its North America, South America, and parts of Asia. Right now it's behind my computer.

To be more specific regarding my question, if I call his extension number from within the office, his phone will ring. If I dial his phone line, I only get a flashing light on the outside line button, but no ring. Also, if someone calls for him and I try to transfer his call to him, it bounces back to me. I checked the A screen and looked at his extension. For ringing it was Day Ring: N; Night Ring: N; Day Access Ring: Y; and Night Access Ring Y. I’ve switched it to Y Y Y Y, but nothing changed. I’m completely new to this system, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

You'll need to do two things:
1. To allow your line to be connected to his phone, you'll need to put a UNI key on one of his buttons. This is essentially a path to the phone for lines that don't have a line key.
2. You'll need to figure out what line is his. Do this by watching the C screen and asking him to press his line key then hang up a couple of times. You'll see his extension and CO number appear on the upper left side of C screen. Note the CO number. Then go to the A screen, Lines area and enter the CO number (aka Line ID) for his line. Then set ringing. When you looked earlier and set to all fields to Y, you essentially set his phone to ring on line 1. Each line is individually programmed - so you need to enable ringing on whatever line is "his".
Good luck. Mike

505BPD Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks! I was able to get the phone to ring when calling from an outside line.

I found where to setup a Uni Key, like you said: A Screen -> the person's station -> (k) for keys -> but when I arrow over to UNI Key or type (h) for hot key, I can not save the changes, it just defaults back to CO line... Any suggestions for this?

JJ Offline
You can Use a Uni Key or LCR key.

LCR key is 300 sub code 20, or sub code 100, depends on software in switch.

Also make sure in the forwarding screen his extension is set to forward to voicemail day and Night.

Good Luck!!

If all else fails, use a BFH.
the UNI Key can go Anywhere on the phone it's a 400sub011 key on some of the newer software levels, if you type in the 400 it will automaticaly put the 011 in the 'sub ' area, if it doesn't, after you type 400 hit ' S ' to get the cursor to the sub area then put in the 011, then press enter.

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel..

Retirement 2019 ( It has happened )
505BPD Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks again. I wasn't sure how to access the 'sub', now I know. The software version I'm using didn't have the (s) option listed in the system programing for the phone I was trying to connect. Everything is working fine now. Thanks guys.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  nonameyet, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,624 Shoretel
189,515 CTX100 install
187,772 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (justbill, JBean3329), 93 guests, and 319 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024