web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
jonmyk Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a customer that want's a single IP camera installed at the front counter with the video being captured by one of their PCs. Of course they don't want to spend a lot of money.

Is there anything out there? I usually use standard cameras connected to a DVR but they aren't interested in that route for some reason.

Jon

"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt"

Mark Twain
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
The camera's are pretty cheap now, although why an 'IP' camera? Standard low priced cameras that work on CAT5 are common as dirt and cheap. The software, on the other hand.............

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
Admin
Admin
Define "inexpensive". I picked up a 4-channel DVR and we know how inexpensive cameras can be.
You can almost match "wholesale club" pricing for a single cam. However, Panasonic makes network cameras with SD chips and monitoring. By the time you get one, you can put together a 4-channel DVR and single camera for the same money.

Carl

jonmyk Offline OP
OP Offline
Carl,

Can you PM me with the Manufacturer you use for the DVR? We normally have used Digicam PCI cards for our systems but Digicam's DVR seems to be feature lacking and the new PCI cards from Digicam have some flaws as well.

Jon

"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt"

Mark Twain
Panasonic makes a IP cam with audio, comes with single recording software,makes great VGA recordings. If some is at the counter you can tell more than "it was a white guy with red shirt and a ball cap" Also come with free web page that you can send up 1 pic per second to. Very inexpensive.

PM sent.

I like Everfocus DVRs. My local supplier is extremely competitive on pricing as well.

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
Computer Repair-Networking-Cabling
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE
Brokeda, could you send me the Panasonic link/info also?
Thanks

If you are using a single camera, I would use Vivotek. Go to https://www.vivotek.com/ The cameras come with the monitoring software for up to 32 cams. It also has the recording software that you install on a computer or a desktop storage (recommended). The client can live monitor and pull up recorded video. price is good.

Cosmo

Rick "Cosmo" Mercure
Tri Star Telecom
Sebring, FL http://www.tristartelecom.net
check out qviss security as well, so far real happy with the product

I Swear I did not touch anything bash
The Pan cams also come with record sw.
The consumer model at Fry's are fine.
Priced low, under $100, audio a little more, wireless a little more. You don,t need the pro cam,s for basic stuff, But they are great, with sd card no DVR needed. Even the base model,s link 12 to web page.

Moderated by  metelcom 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,299
Posts638,872
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,731 Shoretel
189,782 CTX100 install
187,935 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 122 guests, and 328 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024