Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
stha Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello,

I have imported different WE 2565 or 2636 phones to use on a single line ( behind a dsl) at home in Europe (France).

The line is OK on but on every phone, there's no ring. Ringer wires are connected direcly on the line wires, but nothing works. I also have tested a separate buzzer (ordered from the USA) but it's the same. The only thing I can get is a a very light ring when the wires are inversed. All seems to be like if the ringing voltage is very lower than it should be.

Any idea ?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
Note that US ring voltage is 20-30 Htz at 90 (or more) volts ac. The network on a 2565 is literally tuned to 20-30 Htz. If it's an original WE network, it may not work with 30 Htz.
Also, there is a bias spring on the bell that may be out of place, especially after overseas shipment. This can cause exactly the problem you are describing. It just looks like a little straight piece of springy wire. The slot it goes in has 2 positions, if out of place, try both positions to determine the best one.
And make sure you have an isolation capacitor in the bell leads. Although if you don't, the line normally is tied up by the low DC resistance of the bell coils.

John C.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
stha Offline OP
OP Offline
I have checked the bias spring but I was on the best position. I don't know the ring voltages in France, but I'm sure that's the problem...

KLD Offline
---- and frequency.

Some countries use not only voltage but harmonics to ring sets. Old technology, but still around.

Ken
---------
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Viking Electronics makes a ring voltage extender. It may be able to pick up the weak ringing voltage and repeat it with the proper U.S. voltage and frequency.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX

Moderated by  ChrisRR, EV607797, Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,307
Posts638,895
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,002 Shoretel
190,189 CTX100 install
188,356 1a2 system
Newest Members
dcl, Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks
49,771 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
teleco 6
jsaad 5
dans 5
dexman 4
Yoda 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (Carl Navarro, BforBENDETTA), 112 guests, and 160 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024