Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
kc7gr Offline OP
OP Offline
Fellow 1A2 fans,

As it turns out, I was wrong on the number of the KTU I was searching for originally. It's not the 460 series I need.

What I could really use is one or two 419A's.

Ed? Perhaps you've got this one where you didn't have the 460 series?

Thanks much.

Bruce Lane, Owner & Head Hardware Heavy, Blue Feather Technologies.

"Salvador Dali's computer has surreal ports..."
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
I don't have a 460, but I believe I still have a San Bar 4415. I don't know if it will meet your spec's.

Sam

"Where are we going and why are we in this hand basket?"
kc7gr Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi, Silversam,

Refresh my memory: Is the 4415 a card-style unit or a standalone? I'm really trying for a card here because space on the backboard is getting tight.

Thanks much.

Bruce Lane, Owner & Head Hardware Heavy, Blue Feather Technologies.

"Salvador Dali's computer has surreal ports..."
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
If I remember correctly, the 4415 is a standalone unit about the size of a trade paperback. I think it can be rack mounted as well as backboard mounted, but I won't swear to it. I could try to dig it out if you're interested (I think I remember where in the basement it really is). If it mounts as I remember, it will have a footprint about 2" wide by 6-8" high by 4-5" deep. It needs feeds of -24VDC (A Battery) and 105V AC (Ring Generator).

Sam

Silversam is correct:

The SB 4415 is a 7" high rack mount unit, about 2.5" wide. It is a bit wider than a Melco dial intercom unit, and mounts the same way. (It can be screwed to the backboard, too.)

I have several if you want one. Cheap. Some of them even work.

When hooking up the A-talk & B-sig (or A-talk & Gen) power supplies, be very careful. The order in which you punch down the two supplies is counter-intuitive. One supply gets its ground on top of its pair of contacts, and the other gets its ground on the bottom of the pair of contacts.

The contacts are close together. Sparks and smoke will be produced in copious amounts and fuses will scream in agony if you are not careful.

Arthur

Arthur P. Bloom
"30 years of faithful service...15 years on hold"

Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Arthur -

I remember the smoke and blown fuses well. I was the foreman at the Bronx VA hospital and VERY busy when my boss called in a panic. They had just been given the maintenance contract for Yankee Stadium, the playoffs were that night, the hotline between the dugout and the bullpen was out (and had been out for a week) and the previous contractor had been unable to fix it.

Ergo, we now have the contract and by the way, get over tot he Stadium N O W ! And get that thing working!

I get there OK - but find parking? Finally do, get in, and run into an old girlfriend who wants to chat, relive old times and maybe get together again sometime?

I finally break loose, get to the phone room, find out whaty's going on, replace the 415 (1A@2 card) with the 4415 (because the boss ordered the wrong thing) hook up the 4415 (with everyone standing over my shoulders) Did I mention that half the lighting in the room were out?

Anyway I hook it up and it promptly spits sparks all across the room.

Rewire the unit, calm the screamers, test the connection, and then install two more of those devices (no sparks this time) - one from the commisioners box to Steibrenners box and another one from the Press Box to the visiting press box (had to string wire in the stands for those two!)

Got everything done with moments to spare and then got to watch the Yankees win the game (from the Press Box) on Overtime!

Sam

stadiums are always touchy, my friend was house tech at olympic stadium. they had a football and baseball team with each thier own pressboxes and front offices and the like! he told me stories of expos games the day after alouettes games where the hotlines in the dugouts were dead (the dugouts were part of mobile seating that was fed by traveler cables) right up to 2004 the dugout phones at olympic stadium were more often then not hooked up using cheap dollar store extension cords because the travelers were too un reliable!

Jay, a recovering IT guy

Moderated by  ChrisRR, EV607797, Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,319
Posts638,945
Members49,778
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,236 Shoretel
190,464 CTX100 install
188,883 1a2 system
Newest Members
hamishegg, Rphoneguy, Kahm310, PeterG, lyte
49,777 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 15
dans 5
lyte 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 118 guests, and 48 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024