Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
kd1s Offline OP
OP Offline
Finally managed to get cables with the amphenol ends so I could hookup my 2565 to my 551C KSU.

I punched Bl/Wh to T/R, Gr/Wh to A/A1, and Br/Wh to L/LG. That's the minimum.

I draw dialtone on the phone once I patch in my local loop. And if I push hold I hear the ground buzz, but the weird issue is no lights whatsoever.

I've verified connectivity from the lamp leads back to the KSU and they work. Checked all the fuses and they work.

The odd part is before I got the proper cables I had wired it up with Cat-5 and got it all to work, but now that I have the correct cable it won't work.

Any ideas?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

If you used CAT5 on a 1A2 I don't even want to talk to you!

Line one-

wh/bl- bl/wh- T/R
wh/or- or/wh- A/A1
wh/gn- gn/wh- LG/L

I think you missed something.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
kd1s Offline OP
OP Offline
My mistake. It was Blue/Orange/Green originally. But I still don't get lamp function. Thing is I have two 551C's and I've tried on both with no result.

And the Cat 5 was only for test. I now have the proper 25 pair cable.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
That is a bit odd. Are you positive the +/- 10VAC fuse good on the power supply? Sometimes those flat fuses can be blown while the wire link still appears intact.

Secondly, when you go off-hook on the line, do you hear the relays click on the line card? The 551C also has a lamp adjacent to each line card slot. Does that light?

If you aren't hearing the relay click, try shorting A and A1 together with a screwdriver tip on the 66 block to see if the relay clicks. If not, chances are that you have a blown 24 VDC fuse blown for B (signal) battery.

I'm starting to wonder if someone has modified the wiring within the 2565 itself?

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
"And if I push hold I hear the ground buzz" ; unless my old age has caught up with me, when you push hold you should hear nothing, right Ed?

I would agree Jim, but I'm at a bit of a loss on this one. Nothing reported is making sense.

With the phone being a 2565, I wonder if the violet pairs are connected to anything KD1S?

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
kd1s Offline OP
OP Offline
No the violet pairs are not conncted. I left everything else disconnected and only wired up T/R, A/A1 and L/LG.

Here's one more clue, when the phone rings I note the light does indeed flash 1 on 1 off. It just doesn't go solid on pickup, nor does the hold function work.

And I don't see any relay activity. I checked all fuses, they're all good.

A short placed across the white/orange pair is what causes the light to go steady. When the phone is off-hook, this short is placed there. While off-hook, if this short is removed (by pressing the hold button), it causes the line card to place the call on hold, changing the lamp status to "winking".

If you are not seeing signs of life when you short A/A1 together, you either have a loss of B Battery, an internal wiring problem within the 551 or a bad line card.

Try a different line card in that slot or move your T/R, A/A1 and LG/L connections to the next slot and see if that gives you anything.

Lastly, what version of line card(s) do you have? Only 400A through G have relays that you will be able to hear. If you have 400H, they are solid state and do not make any noise when the A leads are shorted.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
ok hears what I read: 2565hk tied to a 551 panel with cat5, and it works.so 2565 is wired right, fuses are good unless it got blown somehow. not likely.now 25 x cable and trouble startefd. (is that the culprit?)possible open a/a1 lead in cable or plug. don't think changing slots will help since it worked? on cat5. Something is not being said.Also he is not giving answers to your questions Ed.

kd1s Offline OP
OP Offline
Here's more info, I think my 2565HKM was rewired at some point since I hooked up a 2851 and it works fine. I've got the BSP for the 2565 around here somewhere with full schematic so I'll have to look at that.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  ChrisRR, EV607797, Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,305
Posts638,893
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,866 Shoretel
189,979 CTX100 install
188,100 1a2 system
Newest Members
Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks
49,770 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
dexman 6
teleco 6
jsaad 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (R4+Z), 91 guests, and 33 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024