I am having a problem with the uCMC Media Player. This problem has been ongoing for over a year.

I run the player client on my office PC and it works fine all day. However, I don't want to close it and open it every morning. So I typically leave it running. Just about every morning when I get into the office the icon in the tray by the clock is yellow and it says "No Connection." When I open the media player it shows connection to server lost. It try to reconnect every 30 seconds but never works. I have to close the program and reopen it. Then it connects.

After several days of going thru these steps, it will just stop connecting. At this point the only solution is to use the reset button on the front of the uCMC card and reset the entire system. I have looked at applications that are running on the uCMC and the RPC Server and the Backup Server are frozen. I cannot even restart Windows. It will just hang until I press the reset button.

Any ideas? Could the backup server be causing some sort of problem and causing the player client to disconnect? Does any one else have this problem?