Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
OP Offline
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Story here .

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

"In Maryland, Verizon missed more than 20% of its service appointments in five of the first six months of the year, the Maryland Public Service Commission says."

It says spending all of their time and resources rolling out FIOS.

Whats even worse when fios is put inot homes of existing copper customers they cut the cable leading to the house so they can't go back to copper easily, and also to keep third party carriers from moving in

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
In Massachusetts, Verizon will move services back to copper if requested.

I Love FEATURE 00
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Cutting the existing copper would just be plain crazy. Verizon is under obligation to provide open facilities to any CLEC, so why would they go cutting off their cable? In doing so, they would then have to plow in another cable at their own expense when a new customer or CLEC orders service for the address. It's against the law for any LEC to block service access to competitors. I'm not buying that one at all.

I am pretty sure that if any Verizon employee is destroying the embedded copper plant, they are doing it on their own.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Ed,

Don't take this personally but there is a reason Verizon's top lawyers make ten times as much as you and me put together. It is because they know how to drive a truck through the exceptions. Let's hope Congress catches onto this before it is too late. You can forget about the Bush regime doing anything about it.

When I recently dialed a long distance number without the "1" I got a message saying "Welcome to Verizon, YOUR BROADBAND COMPANY." Phone service is regulated; internet service is not. Think about it the way a Wall Street banker does. Do yo see where this is going?

Is it even possible to share fiber?

They do pull the copper (aerial) or cut it (buried) when they install FiOS around here. If you want to go back to copper they will gladly hook it up, in a few months. You can tell the installer when he's there to not chop down the copper, but who knows to ask that?

same here Kumba, Comcast removes the copper when they install voice services.

Samsung Dealer
www.firstcoastbiz.com
What happened to the CLECs? When I visited dslreports.com the other day, they said they no longer list CLECs becaue that whole industry has collapsed.

Admin
Admin
Wow, I missed their coming AND going. Probably victimized by the cell phone industry. I still have a heavily forwarded land line. A cell, a VoIP line, and a pager, although I wonder why I spring the $100 a year for the pager. Does anyone order Feature Group D trunks?

My daytime calls are made on the VoIP line for free, my cell "in" group calls are free, and my 9PM-7AM calls are free. What CLEC can compete with that?

Carl

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,607 Shoretel
189,485 CTX100 install
187,660 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 131 guests, and 326 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024