Here on CNN.

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Telrad
Moderator-Telrad
Thats mint. I hate paying cable. But I wonder what the upload speed is going to be?

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Latency would still be a big issue. It would still have to be at least 250ms each way.

Well, I'm not from Missouri but they're gonna have to SHOW ME before I'll believe this: "...the satellite would offer speeds of up to 1.2 gigabytes per second."

I'm a certified WildBlue installer and the max they can get is 1.5 Mbps. download speed so...this is a giant leap forward if they truly have the capability of 1.2 Gig down.

If this thing can hit that speed I wouldn't want to be anywhere near the LNB (or whatever they call it).
The instructor at my WildBlue certification class told us that if you were downloading a large file, such as a streaming video for example, and you held a hot dog in front of the LNB (they call it the TRIA) it would be cooked within a few seconds. And remember, that's at 1.5Mbps! eek

A funny little story: Last year I was re-aligning my former brother-in-law's Dish Network satellite.
I was not using a meter so by guessing I pointed the dish to a point I should have a weak signal at the very least.
As a joke I kept waving my hand between the LNB and the reflector and slightly adjusting the dish.
He finally ask what I was doing so I told him I was feeling the heat from the signal, the hotter it is the better the signal.
He laughed and said "Yeah, right".
When we went in and looked we had 83 signal strength. He turned around and ask "Damn, could you really feel that"? laugh

I pray it's true. I live in an area without DSL or cable, and we get our internet from microwave via tower. Not bad, but I'd love to be able to have options.

This would sell well in remote areas. Wow.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,835
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,638 Shoretel
189,521 CTX100 install
187,780 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 24
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 102 guests, and 333 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024