Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#49947 02/05/09 04:48 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I am working on an IDS 108 w/ Eclipse 2.5.0. The operator's terminal keeps "locking up". sometimes after putting it in night mode, it won't come out. Same with forward mode. Sometimes under normal working conditions a new call will come in and the receptionist can't answer the call. The screen is "normal" & flashes the new call, but she can't grab the call using the release key. Turning the monitor off then on again, sometimes more than once, will sometimes bring it back. Other times it takes a full system reset to fix it. Obviously this terminates all on going calls & upsets everyone. Has anyone experienced this before? I have tried many things so far, but will reseve comment so as not to taint your thoughts. Can anyone offer anything? Help me please.

Steve Z.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#49948 02/05/09 05:07 AM
pvj Offline
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
Steve,
The first thing I would do is try a different I/O port and see if that makes any difference.
Another thought if you have a spare operator terminal is to swap it with the existing.It could also be wiring but you need to start eliminating pieces.

#49949 02/05/09 12:05 PM
Moderator-ESI - Executone
Moderator-ESI - Executone
Check to make sure the Operators ' phone box ' is Not connected to a port on a Combo card(DTMF Combo) also, You ' might ' need resistors on the T/R pair...except I forget what size resistors?

You could also try this, subsitute a 29key display phone for the ' phone box ' and see if it works normally(the Older IDS systems used a 17key phone as the ' box ' )

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel..

Retirement 2019 ( It has happened )
#49950 02/07/09 01:07 PM
If you have an old 6 wide black phone cord that came with the black M-style pones put it on the IOT between the phone box and the wall, it has some type of resistance built in, don't know why but has fixed this issues several times in the past
Randy

#49951 02/09/09 12:30 PM
Make sure you have enough trunk group keys programmed on the station. And a night key and forward key

mjc
#49952 02/09/09 04:52 PM
while the terminal is not responding to the new calls, can you press CTL P and get into the system programming? if you can not then the port is flaking out. On the ACPU there are 2 Processors, on some cards they are in the socket and the others are soldered in. If you have the one with the socket take the CPU out and place it on the table and with your thumb press it really hard and you will hear a click. do that for the other Processor as well. This has fixed the problems I have with many ACPU's. The device processor is where the 2 RS232 ports reside. if this does not fix the problem, then take a look at the wiring, it could be as simple as not having proper ground, pin 7 and 20.
Is the terminal hooked up straight to the RS 232 port or Rs 422 port?

Let me know.

Executone super tech.

Moderated by  nonameyet, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,624 Shoretel
189,512 CTX100 install
187,772 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 125 guests, and 347 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024