Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Thanks for posting the updates. This is good stuff.

Justin

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Today is Sunday, I'll pray for you, I think you need it.
All the best
Ken

Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
The one thing that really really stand out here is how unqualified the installers are.

I personally would never attempt, nor allow my company, to take on work that we don't know how to complete.

That may be the biggest difference between phone guys and others doing phone work.... we just have to have 99.999% uptime or something just isn't right!

Did they give you the impression that they knew this stuff?? if so i would wreak havoc and tell them you need a more qualified installer!

Keep Offline OP
OP Offline
Of course they knew their stuff. The engineer they sent out during the purchase phase, knew all the right things to say had all the proper letters at the end of his name (CCIE, CCVP)and gave me a very good feeling, that they could accomplish the install with little hassle.

The tech they sent out for the install admitted he had "Never done anything this complex" as he was used to installing single location systems that took a few hours to accomplish. Had no certs on the system we were installing and while he was willing to attempt the project, does not do me much good as an end user.

I will be talking to all the players tomorrow and voicing my concerns/complaints about the umm level of support we have gotten so far.

As for the prayers, thanks I have a feeling another 70+ hr week is coming.

As for the Company "performing the installation" wink wink, they are not a small company, they are one of the Big 3 up here. I know folks here do not like people naming companies so I will leave that out.

Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
I agree with your plan to talk to the players... tell them what you were promised is not what your are getting.

So they sent out a CCIE/CCVP to sell you the system and then sent a tech with no certifications to install it? This explains a lot of your problems.

The concern I would have is that even if this guy gets the system up and running, there could be some problems under the hood. Did this guy get everything secured or are you at risk for a $10000 phone bill? Are your 911 calls correctly routed at the remote offices?

I am assuming that a job this size was net 30 or payment by job milestones. I'd insist that the CCVP signs off on your UC560 configuration and the CCIE signs off on your ASA and 891 configurations before your company makes the final payment.

Keep Offline OP
OP Offline
Yup that's what they did. I will insist things are signed off before things are finalized.

So for today I spent the day installing the reset of the main site phones, I has held off on some as we did some testing. So the main site is complete, including the receptionists phone with addon modules.

As I was testing I came across a new issue.

We have 3 extension ranges -
3000-3005 strictly for our crisis call phones
3100-3120 these are for location based extensions - all blast groups and DID's are in this range
3200-3300 - individual users.

The 3100 range will not let me dial into them. If I attempt to dial any extension in this range is stops after 31.. and gives me an "Unknown number" error. Have not figured out where in the dial plan this is. The installer is supposed to look at it the next time he is on site.....

If I am at a location that has a 3100 series extension I can dial out to the world and dial out to other extensions. I just cannot dial any of them.

Now at the remote locations.
I have 3 up and running.
- I can dial out to the world - everything works
- I can dial out to remote extensions - everything works
- I can dial other extensions at the location BUT I cannot hear anything.

Still some bugs to work on, more added to the list of things to complain about.

Good thing I like learning new stuff.

For your missing audio issue, do you have MTP enabled on the remote phones?

If you are using CCA, check "Use as Teleworker Phone". If you are using the CLI, input "mtp" under the ephone configuration for each phone.

Also for your 3100 extensions if you are using CCA, look under "Troubleshoot" -> "Telephony Diagnostics" -> "Dial Plan Test". This lets you test out different numbers to see how the dial plan interprets them.

Keep Offline OP
OP Offline
I will give that a look. I do not remember setting that up at all.

Keep Offline OP
OP Offline
Okay MTP solved that problem! Thanks for that. laugh

Another item learned today.

When working behind an ASA (or PIX) the voicemail to email notification would not work. The ASA drops the packets since it doesn't have an interface for the 10.1.10.0/30 subnet.

To fix this issue. Add a static route on your mail server to point to the data side of the UC.

Here is my route:

route add 10.1.10.0 Mask 255.255.255.252 192.168.0.15 -p

Make sure you use the -p or it will get lost on reboot...

The 192.168.0.15 is my UC Data IP.

Hope this helps save someone a few hours of headaches!

Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12

Moderated by  5years&counting 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,418 Shoretel
189,181 CTX100 install
187,429 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 132 guests, and 408 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024