Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Z-man Offline OP
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
OP Offline
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Ed,

Since I am new to the Vertical field, I am hesitant to throw them under the bus until I can know for sure whether the issues I am having are a result of software errors or of me just not knowing the system well enough yet. Case it point, I thought the directory feature wasn't working, but it was. It works like most other voice mail systems. You don't get listed in the directory until you record your name in the mailbox. Now... having to perform a seperate log to record your name is a bit wierd.

So I am trying to reserve judgement on most of these things until I get more proficient.

Z-man
Avaya SME Authorized Partner
www.omniofficetech.com
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
I remember that the directory names was one of the major things that was pointed out in my certification class. They were quick to mention that if you don't put the names in, the directory won't work. Makes sense to me.

As for the music on hold matter, I'm pretty sure that there's an easy fix as well. Maybe we are just missing something? I've been known to do that a few times.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
The MBX is like the old AVP, the directory doesn't work for any user who has not recorded their name. This is unlike the Dispatch/PF which would spell the name as typed in the subscriber list to the caller.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
Z-man Offline OP
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
OP Offline
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
You cant even use a Nortel box without recording a name, nor Avaya KeyVoice, etc... I thought about it at first, but when I tried to find the option in the mailbox to record the name, there was none, so I ASSUMED it didn't need to be done. Little did I know the record your name feature is a bit hidden in the system programming. On the positive side, I doubt I will make that mistake again.

Z-man
www.omniofficetech.com
I was looking to change from internal Music on hold to external. After much searching (by Vertical too - another dealer found it for them), the music on hold settings are buried in the tenant tone table. I think most of them are on the 3rd page - I haven't looked at all the settings - it looks like there are multiple settings that you would change. The CO ringback tone (# 31) seems to control what is heard when a call is transferred. But if the DN is in use, it seems to be controlled by another setting.

Did you check the settings in the Ring Table (265)? I think one of them may control forwarding.

Z-man Offline OP
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
OP Offline
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Originally posted by Dimension:
I was looking to change from internal Music on hold to external. After much searching (by Vertical too - another dealer found it for them), the music on hold settings are buried in the tenant tone table. I think most of them are on the 3rd page - I haven't looked at all the settings - it looks like there are multiple settings that you would change. The CO ringback tone (# 31) seems to control what is heard when a call is transferred. But if the DN is in use, it seems to be controlled by another setting.

Did you check the settings in the Ring Table (265)? I think one of them may control forwarding.
forwarding time is set by pgm 143. It took me a while to figure that one out.

Z-man
www.omniofficetech.com
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
OMG I am so screwed... I had an old IDS crash on me yesterday, They decided to replace it with a MBX I had given them a proposal last month and had hoped to play with the system for a bit to figure things out since I have only been to the half day class and have no practical experence with the MBX. The system will be in thurs. I don't have any info on the MBX except what you can pull off their web site. Their IDS is up and running but with out voicemail auto attn or acd and regular hunt groups and to top it off my sales rep is on vacation.... I may be asking you guys a lot of questions.

Z-man Offline OP
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
OP Offline
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
No problem George. I am installing two MBX systems and one SBX system over the next two weeks. My brain should be pretty melted by then!!

I will say to do all your basic configuring in the office. Beats the hell out of spending time in a cramped phone room.

Z-man
www.omniofficetech.com
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I did find where you set MOH to external for most things program 290 items 55-59. And you can play a CCR greeting while the phones are ringing, of course my mind is numb and i can't remember the program numbers at this time.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  EV607797, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,305
Posts638,892
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,840 Shoretel
189,962 CTX100 install
188,061 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 24
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 6
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 92 guests, and 34 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024