web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I have a fax machine that is connected to a POTS line which is separate from my Intertel system. I want to get rid of the fax machine and have this same phone number go to a fax server with a couple of fax modems for increased availability. I don't want to pay for additional lines through the phone company if it's not necessary.

How can I get this one phone number to ring to four different lines within the Intertel system? I know that I can create a hunt group with the four modems on an SLC. Is there a way to run the POTS line into the Intertel system so I can program it to ring to the hunt group? Or am I making this too complicated?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

You will still only receive 1 call at a time with only 1 incoming line. If you have a PRI you can point the number to a DID and then set it up that way, but you will still need to order what bell calls paths for it, in your situation you will need 4 paths.

------------------
Voice and Data Cabling in DFW, [email protected]
DnR Communications

Voice and Data Cabling in DFW, [email protected]
DnR Communications
DID's are probably your most economical route, and if your fax server doesn't support DID, you can find a converter. Have your old fax pots disconnected, and the fax number converted to a DID number as well.

Your idea of using the SLC ports can work in a limited way: forward your fax line to the main number on the phone system and train the people that answer incoming calls to recognize a fax CNG tone and transfer those calls to the hunt group. FORWARDING costs you money per call forwarded, so depending on the number of fax calls you get, this may not be viable. The forwarded calls will roll over on your main lines, in effect giving you multiline capability.

Automated Attendant makes this scenario more complicated, but if you're determined to try this, and you use auto attendant, program the time out feature in the auto attendant to direct calls to the fax server hunt group. You will no longer have the capability to have rotory dial callers stay on the line for assistance.

[This message has been edited by tonysprout (edited July 14, 2005).]

[This message has been edited by tonysprout (edited July 14, 2005).]

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
OP Offline
Thank you both for the replies.

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,305
Posts638,893
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,873 Shoretel
189,986 CTX100 install
188,105 1a2 system
Newest Members
Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks
49,770 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
dexman 6
teleco 6
dans 5
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
2 members (Yoda, justbill), 82 guests, and 22 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024