Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
First, Im not a phone guy.

I have an SV8100 with access to WebPro.

PROBLEM: I have one extension that I want to prevent incoming calls from accessing the auto attendant and/or prevent incoming calls from transferring out of voice mail by dialing 0. Basically, I want to force all calls on this one extension to leave a voice mail.

Where is the setting and what do I need to change in WebPro?

Last edited by steve841; 11/27/12 09:00 AM.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

steve841

I'm not sure the extension is what you need to focus on, but the trunk or "dialed number" - Is the system DID, DIL, etc.?

You'd need to restrict a specific inbound "dialed number" from reaching a "dial zero" option in the call progress. I can't give you an answer based on what you've provided, maybe someone else here can.

I'm assuming you're saying that "no caller to this extension" will ever be allowed to transfer to the operator even if dialed/reached from another CO number - In that case, that might be station related

Im still trying to think this thru, but I'd think you need to focus on the line not the extension (the extension is simply going to be BNA to VM) - (basically, you want a specific CO number/line to have or offer no inbound option other than to reach "that" specific station number)

OP Offline
"I'm assuming you're saying that "no caller to this extension" will ever be allowed to transfer to the operator even if dialed/reached from another CO number - In that case, that might be station related"

Yeah, this is my goal.

This will be done in your VMail system, which one do you have? It might be possible to simply route all actions by the caller in this MB to simply "return" to the same mailbox whatever they dial while in this mailbox thereby forcing them into a "loop" to lvmsg, or hangup & callback.

OP Offline
I am using the "In Mail" system of NEC ... I think its their basic voice mail system.

Why not call in the company that installed the system or another certified NEC dealer or reseller?

We get old too soon, smart too late
OP Offline
Because Im cheap! But honest.

They want $250 for a "service call" which seems out of line.

So, in essence (not being rude) this is not important enough to spend $250 for you to have it working the way you want it to. Being honest.

Everyone has finite time on this planet. That time is worth money (or whatever value) if it's serving your and not their interests. I have seen people here spend so much time on an issue it had to run into thousands of dollars of their company time (not to mention real life time) to not pay someone to come and fix something that would take less than an hour to do remotely or on site.

Just being honest.

OP Offline
You are correct. It's an item of convenience that should not be an Act of Congress to complete as NEC makes it out to be.

Nonetheless, if it were mission critical, I would not hesitate to spend the money.

If I could get an Act of Congress passed for $250 I would spend it in a heartbeat.

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,299
Posts638,872
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,732 Shoretel
189,789 CTX100 install
187,935 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (newtecky), 110 guests, and 301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024