Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
sm3287 Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi everyone,

Nice to be here and hope I'm posting in the right forum. I think my question should be simple enough to answer to someone experienced in this field. I wasn't able to find anything in search results. So thought id ask people with experience in this matter.

Basically wondering if i can take all the settings of our current Allworx 6x and copy them to a replacement Allworx 6x with no real hassle. Looking to swap our current Allworx 6x with a new Allworx 6x unit.

I've read guides on how to backup/recover using Office Safe. I'm not sure if i can apply those steps to what I'm trying to do. If anyone has any input on this id appreciate it.

Thank you.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

RIP Moderator-General
RIP Moderator-General
If I may ask..What is the reason for the swap of one 6x for another? if your current 6x is working? Just curious I guess !

...bob...

Bob Wells
WellComm, Inc.

"As long as nobody's dead or in jail, it can't be all that bad ! "
sm3287 Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey Wellco,

Thanks for replying and sorry i didn't say why Im asking. The place i work for has a allworx 6x that we're currently paying someone to maintain and the box is provided with their services with a fee.

I'm trying to find out if we'd be able to backup our current configuration and restore it on a new allworx 6x that we would purchase on our own and cancel our contract.

Thanks

Well you probably could BUT:

1) The system is probably password protected and they aren't going to give it to you.

2) Do you know enough about Allworx to be able to do the swap, make it work and be able to maintain the system?

3) Where are you going to buy it from? Ebay?

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
so you want to take their configuration and steal it ?

buy one and set it up yourself or pay someone to do it for you then try to cancel the contract we're not here to help you steal someone else s work

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
sm3287 Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi,

Thanks for your replies even you skip all though you kinda came rude and a smart ass. Why dont you get off your high horse because i doubt you being in the I.T field dont have pirated software that you use. Which is stealing someone else's work.

All i did was ask a simple question which i was told to try and find a answer for. I know now its not possible which is all i wanted to know.

Thanks for your replies again and have a nice day.

RIP Moderator-General
RIP Moderator-General
sm....first of all, What you are asking is possible if you know what to do and how to do it. That is why there are "Allworx" dealers...certified and trained !!! Being such a dealer I can tell you this, that if you go out and buy a 6x from a source like ebay / craigslist or a secondary market vendor good luck getting it registered for maintenance or upgrades (current software version is 7.3.14.9, I"m sure you won't be anywhere near that.
The reason we have a forum like this is so that we can share info to help endusers like yourself with common problems..i.e: How do I add a button? or check a line? Not how to I blow my dealer out the door ?
If this is what your looking for "sorry" better hit Google and good luck with that info...you might want to keep your dealers number handy...

...bob...

Bob Wells
WellComm, Inc.

"As long as nobody's dead or in jail, it can't be all that bad ! "
i doubt you being in the I.T field dont have pirated software that you use. Which is stealing someone else's work.

I have licensee for every commercial software I use . I don't steal others work

Just because you do don't assume "everyone does it " or that it is right

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
Geeze, I don't even encourage or help my customers use CDs, internet radio or Sirius/XM for their music-on-hold that the royalties haven't been paid for.

I guess we're just too honest.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
It is a free world, but not free to be dishonest. If you are not happy with your current vendor, then I would suggest you contact another vendor and ask them to give you a price for a new 6X + labor to program to meet your needs. If you wish to be out of contract and work on a break/fix term, then look for an Allworx vendor that will do that for you.

ElectSys Tech LLC
Hosted Phone Systems Solutions Provider
Allworx, Sangoma, FreePBX
Telephone & computer systems in the Jefferson City, Columbia MO area.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  JWRacedog 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,298
Posts638,870
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,709 Shoretel
189,747 CTX100 install
187,917 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 27
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 97 guests, and 368 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024