Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#539534 11/13/12 08:13 PM
OP Offline
Hi All,

I apologize in advance for the long post.

I have a location that has a Toshiba CIX100 with a fractional PRI (16 B Channels all for Voice, No data). There are about 25 DID numbers for this circuit. The complaint I am getting is during busy periods they will get a busy signal on the main DID number but you can still call in on other DID numbers and get through. So I know that all channels are not in use. All calls are answered by the AA (8 port). The AA/Voice mail system hunt group is setup so that if all 8 ports are busy the calls will camp until a port becomes available. I have talked to Windstream numerous and they say that there is nothing wrong on their side. Any suggestions?

Thanks for all of your help in advance.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Are you sure that all of the numbers are pointed at the same trunk group within the PRI? On a 5ESS office, they can point particular DID numbers to specific PRI channels by setting up separate trunk groups. I have some customers (mainly law firms) who insist upon square key system line appearances. In doing so, calls to a specific firm's main number can only arrive to the number of channels that have been allocated.

Just another idea to explore.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
OP Offline
Thanks for the idea ED. I will give them another call tomorrow. I know that the CO is on a 5ESS switch. I think its more of a matter of actually getting someone on the phone that actually knows something about trunks. I will keep you updated.

Thanks

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
What voice mail unit do you have?

OP Offline
Toshiba LVMU1A.

OP Offline
Ok so I finally called Windstream today and they told me that there is nothing in their switch that could cause this and that they would need to send a tech out with a t-berd to confirm. Why is it that when Windstream transfers you to a "Switch Tech" They never really know what they are doing?

I would try by-passing the AA just to eliminate it as a potential cause. The other DID's terminate to ext's, correct? Perhaps the VM camp-on feature is not working?

OP Offline
Thats the funny thing about it is that all calls go to the AA no matter what DID. I have checked to make sure that the camp on feature is working properly and it is.

Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
If all did calls go to the AA then something is programmed wrong
1 how many did its is the carrier sending
2 how many digit ext number.
It sounds like that's where the problem is
The did from the carrier Idoes not know where to go
Programming problem

OP Offline
hitech - Sorry I should have been more clear we have around 20 DID's most of which are not being used and are just pointed at the main AA (a couple of DID's are programmed to go to specific ext's and those work)

The carrier is sending 3 digits
Our Ext's are 3 digits

There are 2 main DID's that they have published
1 - The Call Center XXX-XXX-X731 - Routes to AA then UCD queue
2 - The Admin Offices XXX-XXX-X403 - Routes to AA then General VM Box

All other DID's point to 1 above (with the exception of a few routed directly to extensions)

The problem that we are running into though is that each DID will only take 5 inbound calls at a time then give busy until one of the 5 calls that came in on that DID has been hung up. But we have 16 channels on the PRI and you can call one of the other DID's that has the same routing while the other is giving busy and it will go through just fine. That is why I believe it is a carrier issue and not a programming issue.

I have also double checked to make sure that the proper amount of channels is active in the Toshiba.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,299
Posts638,872
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,732 Shoretel
189,790 CTX100 install
187,935 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 127 guests, and 316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024