Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Nice Ring
Unregistered
Nice Ring
Unregistered
I am working on a Comdial MP5000 system with Keyvoice Voicemail and this is my first Comdial. and Keyvoice. I have been able to fix a lot of the clients issues but there is one that I am stumped on, and they have had this problem for two years and got rid of their last tech because he could not fix it. The issue is a recurring, intermittent problem. When mailbox users log in to the voicemail, onsite or remotely, and they press the # key to enter their password and check messages, they sometimes,often, either end up back at the main menu, or being prompted to enter the extension of the person they are trying to reach. I have called in to duplicate the problem while watching the status of the vm ports. I tried many, many times and could not duplicate. But it was during a low traffic time and all calls were going through port one. The customer says it happens most every day. This is an 8 port system.Bad port??? I have called directly into all the ports and they seem to work fine, but only tried a few calls. Remember, this happens whether they are onsite or remote access calls. Does anyone have a direction to point me in?? I am stumped.
Thank you.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Admin
Admin
Have the customer make a note of the time of day it happens. Look at the telephone display to get an approximate voice mail system time. At midnight the Key Voice will post a text log of every thing that goes through the system during the previous 24 hours. It is in the Log folder and broken out by dates. From there you can look up the call records, match the time and see what line the calls came in on as well as the digits the system receives. Receiving more than 1 # sign will create the situation you are describing. This could be because of user misdials or T1/PRI slips.

BTW I love your part of the world.:)

[Linked Image]
Just a guess but I think eiether one of your voicemail ports has message wait turned on or is not programmed as a voicemail port. Other issue could be a timing issue of when he intergration digits are sent.

Jim Hoey

SST Communications
597 West Montauk Highway
Lindenhurst, New York 11757

631 956-0100

www.sstcom.com

Business telephone systems on Long Island and New York City like Comdial, Vertical, Avaya, Panasonic
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Dave, doesn't logging have to be enabled in order for the trace information to be written to the file? It's been a while, so I can't remember for sure.

Justin

Admin
Admin
DOS systems have to enable logging...Windows systems did it automatically. Everyday will have it's own log folder updated at midnight.

[Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,296
Posts638,852
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,659 Shoretel
189,563 CTX100 install
187,845 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 124 guests, and 259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024