web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Originally Posted by 1864
If you do upgrade to an R.6, make sure it's an R.6.0.B. It has the daylight savings patch. Beware- I upgraded an R.3 to an R.6 with an old VS R.1 mail and AA would not transfer to ext's with DND on.

They never got that fixed even with the last R6 release- R6.0.B. There was a patch for the Mail VS R5. If you had an earlier Mail VS you were out of luck.

I don't know about the ACS R7. It was so full of major bugs and Avaya was incapable of fixing it that I wouldn't sell them. Damn thing should never have seen the light of day. They were still making the R6 at that time and that's what I sold. Problems and fixes continued into the R8 and it was only with the last releases of the R8 that the ACS became useable again.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

OP Offline
Thanks for all the comments gentlemen. I'll get some pricing on the R6 upgrade card.

John R. Garland
Garland Technologies LLC
479-200-7642
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
With the upgrade card, can you do more then 1 upgrade, or do you need 1 card per upgrade?

An upgrade card will upgrade one system only.

RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
I'm pretty sure the upgrade is a one time thing

I would look at the price of a refurb ACS6 vs the Upgrade depending on how old the original is that might be a better way to go

Wasn't there PS problems with some of the early ACS's ?

so a newer processor might be a better option

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
True. The price of the upgrade is probably close to a refurb processor.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
I thought it was only once. And a refurbed ndewer processor is the way I would go.

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
I can hook ya up with a multi-use upgrade card.
If interested PM me.

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
Well I DO have a REV. 6

I turned extension 14's remote call forward on with #322.
A personal speed dial 81 with the number they want to call
A FWD button that lights up and shows forward 14 81. When dark it shows fwd 14 14. I also tried *81.
From the station, Feature 81 picks a line and dials the correct number

When called on the intercom it goes 3 rings and then to voicemail no matter what state the FWD key is in. I even turned off the voicemail coverage but then it just rings out.

The manual has no reference to a VM cover key for this? Only the FWD key.

#208 was suggested but that is line ownership. My book says that you can only have 1 owner per line but multiple lines. They want to do this for more than 1 extension. From the description, Line ownership doesn't sound like what we are trying to accomplish.

To be clearer about what we want to accomplish:

When a lighted key is toggled to FWD, they want calls transfered from ANY line or Voicemail to extension 14 to grab another line and dial the number under personal SD 81. (feature 81 presently calls the correct number) The display says Forward 14 81 but it doesn't grab a line to go out on. When it is not toggled to FWD it should go the the local Voicemail. In either state it is now going to voicemail after 3 rings.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,810
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,378 Shoretel
189,080 CTX100 install
187,411 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 126 guests, and 419 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024