web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
My office has an FX-II PBX, with a PC running the Interchange voicemail / automated attendant software. (I believe the version is ISC-Lite)

I have a remote user who has an in-office extension forwarded to her home phone using CFOS. It seems with CFOS the call will just ring and ring until the other end picks up. I would like to have unanswered calls to her extension go to the local voicemail system as I have voicemails being copied to email and my users really like this feature.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,

-Jason

Last edited by compu_85; 06/26/13 03:29 PM.

Jason Perkins
Network Engineer
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Admin
Admin
Nope. CFOS throws the call over the fence.

[Linked Image]
OP Offline
So is there an alternate way to give an outside number an inside extension? The remote user is never at the main office, her phone lives in the telephone room.

Jason Perkins
Network Engineer
OP Offline
I just did some looking on the voicemail system, and I think it can do what I want with the transfer settings. It is able to pick up and dial an external number, and there is a setting for # of rings before it sends the call to the mailbox.

However it doesn't work properly. As I watch the system it goes through the step "Cancel Xfr" and looks like it tries to send the call to the mailbox, however what it ends up doing is just transferring the calling phone to the outside number.

Any suggestions on fixing the cancel transfer function? If that was working this would do exactly what I want.

-J

Jason Perkins
Network Engineer
OP Offline
Any suggestions on how to get Interchange to cancel the transfer properly?

-J

Jason Perkins
Network Engineer
Admin
Admin
I was only able to do what you are trying to do at one location. Had to have CO lines with 3 way calling, had to replace the Voice Mail with an analog integration using Dialogic boards only...never could get it to work with Rhetorex analog boards.

You'd be better off seeing if you have VoIP licenses on your CPU. No licenses- replace the CPU with one that does. Install a VoIP board and an IPrimo set at the employees house.

It ain't going to be cheap which ever way you go.

[Linked Image]
Why not just put an answering machine or Telco answer call on the end users line?

OP Offline
Originally Posted by Mark K.
Why not just put an answering machine or Telco answer call on the end users line?

Because the remote user isn't always at home. An IP set would be ideal... how do I check my licensing?

For now I've set the CFOS to go to her cell phone instead of landline, which is working better and will probably be the "solution".

-J

Jason Perkins
Network Engineer
OP Offline
So I'm still rolling ideas around in my head. Comcast has been trying hard to get me to buy their service, but I like the T1's speed and flexibility so I'm in no hurry to dump it. But that did get me thinking about VoIP...

It looks like the IP cards for the FXII can operate in a trunking mode, or in a station server mode, but not both a the same time. Is that correct? IE, if I wanted to give the user an IP set and go with an IP trunk connection I would need to add 2 IP cards to the KSU?

Thanks,

-J

Jason Perkins
Network Engineer
Admin
Admin
IP trunks only work between 2 or more networked Comdial systems..not trunks from a carrier.

IP telephony will also only work with the appropriate CPU licenses allowing either IP sets or IP networking.

[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,299
Posts638,875
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,749 Shoretel
189,826 CTX100 install
187,949 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 21
teleco 9
dexman 6
dans 6
Who's Online Now
1 members (Yoda), 129 guests, and 306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024