web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#556306 08/14/13 11:52 PM
OP Offline
Previous system had a cpuI(100)U10 with voicemail VM FMS. Upgraded system with CPUII(100) with the pku chip. Was able to learn the cards (ETU) for ESI & COI. Not able to see the VM FMS(8) U30 card in slot 8. What steps do I do to see the vm? Also, previously the voicemail ext was 300.With the cpuII, is there a default ext? I'm programming the system manually from phone, not by pc.

Thanks

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

There is no default voice mail master number, this would be setup by the tech.

CPU II is for the IPK II and is completely different to program then the IPK and to program by phone and not a PC is a big task.

We get old too soon, smart too late
OP Offline
I know its a longer task, to program by the phone. Was able to program user names, line access, ext ringing, button features, but now need to access the voicemail.CPU II had ESI assigned to slot 8. Deleted ETU of slot 8, powered down installed VM card, powered up, but CPU II does not reconize card.(program 10-03)Put back CPU I, all programming & VM ok. Once the CPUII is configured properly, will VM messages still be saved? What procedure must I use to reconize VM?

Thanks once again.

Voice mail will retain messages.

When you say you deleted the ESI card what program did you use?

OP Offline
With CPU II installed on another cabinet I did Program 90-05-1 (Slot Control)& selected slot 8. Then installed CPU II in the cabinet with the VM card in slot 8.(VM was installed in original cabinet which worked w CPU I, bought another system w CPU II but had no VM in it).

On the IPK II you do not slot the cards and then boot up.
The recommended procedure on a new install was to slot the CPU, power up the system, wash the memory, then slot 1 card at a time waiting at least 1 minute before slotting the next card.

OP Offline
What is the correct method to you wash (clear)the memory?
So its OK to install the cards while powered? Always had this fear of installing cards live!
When I slot the VMS card, do I need to clear voicemail card?

Best way is to default the system with no cards in it. Then load your pet system default followed by the cards from slot 1 as Dan has said. Don't put in the voicemail in hot but turn off the system first. If your voicemail is a DOS one you will need to copy this file to the root directory of the mail otherwize it will come on line before the system has started and ports assigned cause error messages on the VM ports.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15032525/IPKII_VMS_Delay_Patch.zip

Regards,

Paul W
Now back to a 0 day week. Love these 7 day weekends.
OP Offline
How do I know if the vm is DOS based? When used in the IPK I, all vm programming changes were made manually via the phones. I want to use the phones to program vm with the IPK II, I'm figuring its Program 47: In-Mail for the settings?

If you access the mail via a program called Cosession then it's DOS based and also if you look at the compact flash card will say DOS version (though I don't have any DOS mails around here any more) or LX mail. The LX mail also has a additional memory SODIM type card installed at the bottom of the card where as the DOS mail has a very thin memory card in the middle. If you want any pix I'll send them to you..

If you are using a card mail then nothing is programmed in PRG 47. This is only used for the Inmail..

Regards,

Paul W
Now back to a 0 day week. Love these 7 day weekends.

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,299
Posts638,872
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,723 Shoretel
189,765 CTX100 install
187,923 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 95 guests, and 312 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024