Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Markus Offline OP
OP Offline
I just recently bought a refurb kxt61610 to replace ours due to 3 bad ports. I have got the phone set up most of the way, but am having a few issues:

1) When a CO rings in, it used to blink green, and go to steady green. Now it blinks red rapidly which is confusing people when there are also lines on hold (slower red flash).
I have assigned lines 1-5 to all extensions in day/night both outward dialing and ringing. Everything I have been told and read, says this red flashing indications unassigned lines?

2)When I try to assign the flexible buttons as DSS keys. I have two issues. a) You now have to get intercom dial tone and press the button to call an extension. and b) When someone is on their extension, the button does not light up to let you know that extension is busy.

I have tried everything I can think of to fix these two issues and have run out of ideas on what could be the problem. I used to do this for a living but it has been a few years, and I am admittedly rusty. That being said, I don't remember ever having had this happen. I'm know I must be missing something simple, but for the life of me I can't figure it out. I remember these being one of, if not the easiest systems I ever worked on.

Oh... and if it helps, the phones we use are ktx-61610s.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Admin
Admin
1) Wow, you're on your own :-)

This tends to come back to what revision replacement KSU did you get and what did you replace. Reading ahead, that also may be your DSS button programming problem. IIRC the circle 0 or 1's had odd keycodes.

2. Are you programming the button by putting the phone in PROGRAM and dialing 1 plus the extension and STORE? If you are, see #1.

Carl

Markus Offline OP
OP Offline
Ah maybe that is the issue. I just checked, Our old system was Revision 3, this one is revision 2.

Is it not possible to lift the handset and get CO dial tone on revision 2?

Markus Offline OP
OP Offline
Is there anyway I could swap parts?

For example, if I where to take the top card with all the ext. and CO ports out of the rev. 2 system and put it in the rev 3. system?

Or, underneath is the "motherboard" which has a removable chip inserted into a socket. Does anyone know if that chip holds the software revision? If so could that simply be swapped?

Admin
Admin
If I remember right you could upgrade from 2 to 3 with just a chip swap. Version 2 was missing a lot of handy features.

Merritt

Business Telephones & Equipment + Commercial Audio/Video Products
Commercial Communications . . . Turner, Maine
If it was built after 1980 don't expect it to work right.
Markus Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the reply. I don't suppose there are any other techs around here that can confirm this? (Not that I don't trust you metelcom, but you did say IF I remember right). The only chip I see that could be swapped is a 28 pin IC on the motherboard, I wasn't positive if this would be the revision chip or if that would be soldered to the board. There is no revision information that I can tell on the sticker on the chip, just what looks like part numbers or serial numbers.
I would have just tried it to see what happened but I didn't know if there where any differences in circuitry between the two systems.

Admin
Admin
There were different kits for upgrading the versions. Some of the kits had resistors that needed to be changed and other were just the IC. This has been a long time since I did them and my memory is not to great.

Merritt

Business Telephones & Equipment + Commercial Audio/Video Products
Commercial Communications . . . Turner, Maine
If it was built after 1980 don't expect it to work right.
Markus Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for your help metelcom, I called the guy I bought it from and asked about either switching out the chip, or swapping out the board with the ports on it. He was on the road and said he'd have to wait until he got back to his shop to ask one of his repair techs.

I don't think my soldering skills are good enough to risk replacing resistors, so I hope it doesn't come to that.

You should be to put the Rev.3 PROM into the Rev.2 cabinet to upgrade it.

Hodgkin's Lymphoma Survivor! Took a step 20 years back in time. Managing the VHF radio network for the Florida Forest Service. Caloosahatchee District 17.
Markus Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok, i went ahead and swapped the daughter board with the ports, so now I am using my old phone system, will all functioning ports.

Now, I do get extention lights (dss) on the left column of buttons, just above the CO line buttons. I sill cannot, for the life of me figure out how to program those buttons on the other side. If I hit "program" on the phones and select one of the upper buttons above CO buttons, it shows, for example "EXT 11", EXT 12" etc... Everything I can find on flexible DSS buttons says go hit program, select the button you want, and either dial 1 + ext #, or just ext # and hit "store" but doing this just sets the button as 12 or 112, neither ends up showing as EXT 12 (again, just an example), doing this also doesn't cause that button to light up when the extension is in use. I guess the best way to word this, is how do I turn a feature button into dss/blf button? I know there has to be a way, because that's how it was programmed before, and I am now using the exact same system.

Can anyone please tell me how to set this? We had the buttons on the right set this way before. Btw the phones are kx-t7730s.

(just an FYI - The battery was pulled from this system by a curious co-worker when I got the replacement system, which is why none of the programming remained intact.)

Last edited by Markus; 09/01/13 03:44 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,397 Shoretel
189,129 CTX100 install
187,421 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 143 guests, and 431 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024