web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I got a TA824 with TVA50 and a set of 4 T7731 phones last night off of ebay, not sure what is inside of the TA824 but assuming it will be the stock 3x8. Had marked a TA82470 0x8 jacks 17-24 expansion board that closed a couple minutes ago and won it cheap but I'm not sure if I'll get just the board or the board and the two extension connectors that go between boards - I did make a note to the seller that it normally comes with them and to please include *but* should I get the board in and find no connectors does anyone have a stash for the TA824 around that could supply 2 of them? Since new boards come with them if an installer yanks a bad board they would end up with extras and likely hang onto them. Encompass Parts has them, non-stock, for like $7 each but if someone reading this in the US has a set, maybe with the attaching hardware, then I would rather work with that if possible.

Also since it's marked 17-24 if I put it in on top of the base 1-8 board will it still show the jacks in the system as 17-24 or will the system convert them to 9-16? My guess is I'd have jacks 1-8 then 17-24 but it's a guess.

I'm basically looking ahead and getting a source lined up if I need them.

Last edited by Russ Blakeman; 09/03/13 01:21 PM.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
I just got a reply from the seller and I will need the two connectors as he pulled the board from a unit and didn't remove the extender connectors when he did and the unit is now gone.

So does anyone have a set, new or used, or know a good source for them? I had one part number but if someone knows the usual part number that you would order them with ie individual connectors or the installation kit with posts, screws and connectors, could you post as a reply? The soone I get something going the sooner I can test the board when it arrives. I'm in the US in case anyone needs to know that.

OP Offline
Found the number I had last night, K1KA40A00234 and I'm told I need to order 2. Checked (after finally locating the URL for Panasonic parts) and they are available for $6.74 each. I just ordered 2 so I won't need any at this time.

OP Offline
Strange thing is the connectors were nearly the same with tax and shipping as the board with free shipping - but I have about $45 invested for a $200 board. I'm happy, as long as it works as it was advertised.

You also need the screw posts to mount the expansion board to the base board. They serve as grounding points for the board.

Hodgkin's Lymphoma Survivor! Took a step 20 years back in time. Managing the VHF radio network for the Florida Forest Service. Caloosahatchee District 17.
OP Offline
The posts and screws I have, lots of excess hardware around from a couple four decades doing electronics and computer repair. I can also use a long machine screw of the correct thread and a nylon or aluminum tube spacer to do the same.

I *think* from watching a Youtube video adding a TA824 card to a base unit that the posts are there on the mainboard so if I get a 3x8 no frills box I should only need screws unless I plan on adding another level later (and reorganizing the board positions of course). When the unit comes I'll see and adjust accordingly.

Last edited by Russ Blakeman; 09/03/13 05:08 PM.
OP Offline
connectors came in Friday, put the 0x8 board in (posts were there already holding the mainboard in) and dug out the right thread screws from my stash. Works good and it does jump from extension 8 to extension 17 with just the mainboard 3x8 and the expansion 0x8 board. In a way that works, put my VM on 23 and 24, use 17 through 22 for house extensions and 1 through 8 for business extensions. Now I get to wait for the doorphone card to arrive before I get into the serious programming of the unit.

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,395 Shoretel
189,116 CTX100 install
187,421 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 143 guests, and 414 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024