web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I have two customers with this issue and Mitel doesn't know or have any ideas about why. Their suggestions are the standard for the 3000 (reboot, default) which has all been done already. One of the customers even replaced their VM card with a bigger one in hopes of fixing the problem.

System:
Mitel 3000 with T1/PRI module

Occasionally, when someone is leaving a message on an extensions voice mail, it will transfer the person to the auto attendant. This happens whether the person is transferred from the attendant or calls the extension directly through the DID. It is not consistant and it does not happen after a certain period of time.

Both customers are with different carriers. Both customers are a good 1 hour drive from each other. Both are at 903 software.

Any help would be appreciated.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Check recall timers and COS

OP Offline
I've looked at the timers, but I have not made any adjustments yet. I cannot reproduce the problem myself.. so it makes adjusting timers a little difficult. But I will give it a shot and see what happens.

Is it possible voice mail card is maxed out, or that particular ext. is maxed out. You can set qty of messages per user I believe

Telesystems technician
Does this happen with only one or two exts?
Are they allocated VM boxes?
Check the programming for VM box allocated for ext. __

Telesystems technician
OP Offline
Voicemail is not maxed out. I've checked several older databases and they never have more than 6 total messages for the 30+ extensions that they have. And of those extensions that did have messages, there were only 1 or 2 per box.

It does not seem to follow a specific extension. And yes, they do have boxes associated with their extension. The callers are midway through leaving a message when they get booted to the attendant.

I was able to speak to Mitel support yesterday. He suggested that it could be higher octave (female) voices that are triggering the VM to think it heard a 0. I contacted both customers and one thinks that it has been women having issues. Both are going to keep track and report back.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,297
Posts638,867
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,675 Shoretel
189,666 CTX100 install
187,872 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 81 guests, and 346 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024