Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Brett Murphy
Unregistered
Brett Murphy
Unregistered
Hello,
We wish to integrate Lync Server 2013 with our 7200S, and our PABX supplier has recommended Samsung Xchange.
From what I can tell, and from other posts on this forum, is that this is only an RCC solution and not what we need.
For example, we need to be able to
* Use the 7200S as outbound PSTN gateway for Lync clients.
* Call 7200S extensions from Lync clients.
* Call Lync extensions from 7200S Desktop Handsets.
* Assign inbound DID on 7200S to Lync extensions.
etc, I hope you get the gist.

We already have a SIP gateway on the 7200S for least cost routing purposes to another branch office, will this be a SIP licencing issue or restraint on the 7200S?
Thanks in advance.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Hi

We do this on a 7400 for one of our customer and i must start by saying " GOOD LUCK"

from what it sound like your doing you don't need Samsung Xchange. you need Xchange if you want to control Samsung handset from Lync however if you just want to use the Samsung as a PSTN gateway Xchange is not required.

you link the Samsung and Lync up via SIP peering TCP not UDP as Lync doesn't accept UDP (STUPID MICROSOFT )

once done you use N-LCR to route the calls Via to Sip Peer to the Lync server.

when the calls come back you use the DID table to translate the calls out.

I can provide more assistance if require.

took us a few days to getting working 100% however now with have 250 i5243handset, IPUMS, Lync, 105 Wifi handset, Xchange all working at that site.

Regards
Andrew

P.S. I'll also add that the samsung product range and voice quality is a lot better then Microsoft Lync and you find you need a lot of processing power to run lync.

Brett Murphy
Unregistered
Brett Murphy
Unregistered
Thankyou, I appreciate your response.
So far I can send a call from Lync via tcp SIP on port 5060 to the 7200S, but it treats it like an inbound call.
NOTE: I did not do ANY config changes on the 7200S this just worked.
To ring the handsets I need to call the full DID number, which is fine I have all that working.
What I need now is for the 7200S to be able to send any *other* calls from Lync out the PSTN, because at the moment all it does is ring reception!.

Moderator-Samsung
Moderator-Samsung
You need to program your indial table like you would for SPNET.

Also make sure you are running 4.63 or higher on your system as there were problems with earlier versions

Guys - I am trying to do the exact same thing yall described here. I have a 7400 and I just installed 2 OAS cards... right now I have having some one way audio problems between the i5243 and the 28D phones.

Anyways, I haven't pointed it at my Lync server yet, but what type of license do I need for this connection between OfficeServ and Lync ?

Thanks in advance.

Moderator-Samsung
Moderator-Samsung
You need sip trunk licenses for the connection to lync.

Make sure you run 4.70 or higher
Is the ip phone in the same subnet add the system?

We are on version 4.60b

THe one way audio problem was a bad OAS card. We swapped that and everything was resolved. But to clarify on the SIP trunk license, is it 1 license for a single trunk between officeserv and the Lync server? Or is it a license for every Lync client that is going to connect ?

Moderator-Samsung
Moderator-Samsung
It's a simultaneous use license. Ie if you want 3 lync clients dialling out via the samsung at once then you need 3 sip trunk licenses.

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,399 Shoretel
189,138 CTX100 install
187,423 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 124 guests, and 428 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024