web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#56624 03/22/07 06:55 AM
OP Offline
We have a V9.1 system now. We're looking to upgrade to 7000. The eclipse system is old. W2K Pro hasn't been supported for 2 years by Microsoft. We have a medium sized business (200 phones with ACD). Is it worth our time or should we shop around?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#56625 03/22/07 11:20 AM
Moderator-Mobil Phones, Computers
The 7000 is geared towards Enterprise markets and with a 200 phone installation it would probably well out of the ballpark. Are there specific issues with your current system or features that you are looking for in a new system? I would venture to say that the Axxess product line would be more along the lines of what you might need. If you are serious about upgrading then I would definitely recommend that you contact your local vendors and start communicating with them personally. If you have been happy with the Intertel product and your current vendor then you may just want to start with them and see what they have to offer.

#56626 03/23/07 06:48 AM
OP Offline
Honestly? We're not happy with Inter-Tel. The CPS and VPU run on W2K desktop OS which hasn't been supported by Microsoft in 2 years. They have no intention of updating. We've been through two vendors and are now dealing directly with Inter-Tel for service. We're finding out the vendors weren't the problem. It was Inter-Tel. While we are a medium sized business in regards to the number of employees (300+), we're poised to make $200M in the next year. Our IT department is bleeding edge. Yet our phone system has been hung out to dry. We're looking to a number of vendors for PBXs. The vast majority for our size of company are IP based. We just purchased a distribution center across the street. IP phones seem to be the proper answer.

#56627 03/23/07 07:28 AM
Microsoft has not ended support for Windows 2000. This product will continue to be supported until 2010. Security patches will continue to be relased and paid support will certainly be available. Windows 2000 is a very stable and reliable operating system and from my experience runs the Intertel applications very well. Im not sure where you have gotten your information that businesses with 200 phones are mostly using IP. Is this something someone has told you or is there actual research avaiable to substantiate that claim? It sounds like you just need to shop around and Im sure you'd find plenty of dealers who will sell you the latest and greatest super duper phone systemm. Whether or not it is going to meet your business communication needs is a whole other matter. You still havent relayed the problems that you were having other than the fact that you think Windows 2000 is an outdated OS. Is this system not performing your daily call processing tasks efficiently? Are there reliability or operational issues? IP phones certainly have their place and are excellent solutions if the requirements and/or infrastructure require them. You say IP phones seem to be the proper answer, but what is the question?

#56628 03/23/07 08:04 AM
OP Offline
The proper answer to multisite locations. Although it is just across the street, it may as well be on the other side of the world. Yes, W2K is minimally supported till 2010. But only security updates. I've spoken to some techs who admit that the Axxess system will be discontinued, but no date has been set.

#56629 04/04/07 01:38 PM
EVERY system will be discontinuted, but no date has been set.

You can add IP to your current Axxess system.

What specific service-related issues are you having with your system, or is this just a case of "keeping up with the Jones'"?

#56630 04/05/07 02:30 AM
OP Offline
We are currently licensed for 32 IP devices and one softphone. I've had numerous tickets open with TAC in Phoenix after they were finally elevated. It took them 1 1/2 years to ascertain the cause of a voicemail issue. I have two tickets that need to be elevated to level 4, but they don't want to deal with it. As far as the "Jones" are concerned, our company is not bleeding edge, but pretty close. Although we could continue to use this system for years, it is run on an outdated OS, Inter-Tel's main focus is not on the legacy equipment, and many of our phones have already been discontinued. As I'm sure you know, no one thinks of the phones until they're not working. When that day happens, as does with all technology, we don't want to be in a position of not being able to service our system. So the answer to the "Jones" question is no. At least on my level, it is about providing the best service possible.

#56631 04/05/07 04:18 AM
If you are running v9.1 then you can use the 85xx or 86xx style phones instead of the Eclipse. The secondary market will have stock on the Axxess long after it is discontinued.

#56632 04/05/07 04:45 AM
OP Offline
We already use a lot of the 85xx and a hand full of the 86xx. We're more worried about the servers. That's our main worry. The cards in the cabinets are very reliable. With SIP technology on the rise, it's possible to use any IP phone with a PBX. That flexibility should be a real bonus for the industry. Although I'm sure the bean counters prefer all OEM items.

#56633 04/13/07 04:12 PM
We're an Intertel vendor and from my perspective, I would submit that there are alternatives (we also rep Shoretel and are pretty high on their solutions), but carefully evaluate what you are gaining/losing. For example, the IP card you have installed will network with a new Intertel 5000 system across the street. Pretty good leverage of your existing investment. Also there are some darn good applications (E.g. Audio/Web Conferencing, Web Support, UC, etc.) from Intertel that make it strong in the feature set arena. But you are right that the Axxess is closing in on EOL (version 10.x is said to be the last release) and their efforts are focused on their 5000/7000 lines. The only complaints I hear from Intertel customers about the W2K stuff are publicly held co's with large IT staffs dedicated to upgrading and patching their W servers on a regular basis. Feel free to PM for some differences/similiarities between Intertel and Shoretel that may be helpful/enlightening.

Eric Lutz
www.md-com.com
Voice * Data * Video
Boston, MA
508-821-1800

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,306
Posts638,894
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,903 Shoretel
189,996 CTX100 install
188,224 1a2 system
Newest Members
Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks
49,770 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
dexman 6
teleco 6
jsaad 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 51 guests, and 30 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024