Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Nice Ring
Unregistered
Nice Ring
Unregistered
Help! I have a new customer with an old NEC Electra Elite 192. They have some voicemail in this system, not external voicemail. I have not got the model of that yet. I have just reset a mailbox, or cleared and made it new, as the prompt says, and now I cannot access that mailbox. In the info I have found, it says that when you initialize a mailbox, all you have to do is access the voicemail and you will be prompted to set up all of your options. This is not happening.Also, there is something in the MGR that says "this mailbox has no security code", of course when the user tries to access the box, they are asked for a security code. What the ???? Really need help, customer has messages but can't access them.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Some of those VM's have a default security code of ####. Of course it may have been changed by the initial installer.

DO NOT post password codes

Last edited by metelcom; 04/04/14 11:10 AM.
Nice Ring
Unregistered
Nice Ring
Unregistered
Thank you but # just returns me to the main greeting/menu

# is NOT the password. Passwords cannot be posted in the forums.

I have sent you a PM here on the forum.

D

okay, first, are you sure that you are resetting the right mailbox? x.101, mailbox 101 or whatever?

Second, when you go to log into voicemail to test it, are you logging in from the user's telephone? The system will try to "integrate" and will expect the passcode of the person whose phone you're using.

If it's not that user's phone, you can press *## (star-pound-pound) until you hear the main greeting ("thank you for calling blahblah company") then press 9 and the user's mailbox number (for x.101, press 9101). Then you should be prompted to set up the new mailbox.

Nice Ring
Unregistered
Nice Ring
Unregistered
That worked. Great info. Thanks.

Nice Ring
Unregistered
Nice Ring
Unregistered
I was trying to log in from the user's phone with the new mailbox. It is working now. Thanks for your help.

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,594 Shoretel
189,480 CTX100 install
187,630 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 6
dans 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (dexman), 143 guests, and 350 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024