web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Good evening all! The Xblue X16 system has a hidden program menu both for the phones and for the KSU. It's called "Hidden PGM Operation Mode". While I understand some of the features within these menus, there are some features I don't understand or don't know the units shown. Does anyone have literature on these hidden menu features?
Thanks!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
OK, I'll bite. Where or how did you discover this menu?

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
OP Offline
Well, I was exploring options to further customize the x16 phone system and after a few hours of googling words like "xblue x16 advanced menu features" or something like that, I stumbled across a website explaining how to access the hidden program menus. While I don't remember where I found this, I kept the information for future use. I later realized that Xblue is actually revealing these hidden menus in the FAQ section:

However, nowhere I can find any literature or explanation of what each hidden feature involves.

Last edited by justbill; 08/22/14 09:14 PM. Reason: EDITED to remove link
Looks to me like you're just defaulting back to factory settings. Not sure why you'd need to on this system.

Retired phone dude
OP Offline
Defaulting to factory settings is just one of the several features offered in the hidden program menus. There are dozens of other features like tx/rx gain for each line, etc.

I'll have to look through it to see what all is there, I'm betting it's mostly stuff you normally wouldn't need to mess with. Nice to know it's there if needed though.

Retired phone dude
I've removed your link, we don't need end users experimenting and screwing up their system.

Retired phone dude
OP Offline
Well... the link was to the support page of the manufacturer's website... pointing a FAQ and destined to end users...

Understood, but end users aren't going to go searching for it. The link posted is not in the users manual, which is the guidelines we use for posting of information. The board rules are at the bottom of every page.

Retired phone dude
As a 41+ year veteran of selling/installing telephone systems, I've come to the conclusion that if you own a system (telephone, audio, security, etc...), you deserve to know everything about it. That being said... I share all the X16 codes with my Xblue customers. If they screw up, it's on them. End users can call the manufacturer in Lenexa if you want to know the hidden codes. You must own the system.

Tip! Ring! Sleeve!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  EV607797, MnDave 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,601 Shoretel
189,482 CTX100 install
187,648 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 141 guests, and 334 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024