Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#577478 09/15/14 10:25 AM
ffej010 Online Content OP
OP Online Content
I am trying to setup a call queue on VMPro, running in Intuity mode. I have the no answer time in the hunt group set correctly and announcements for the hunt group turned on and working.

I have built queued and still queued start points for this hunt group in VMPro and have recorded the proper announcements.

Here is my problem: Customer wants initial queued message to play if no one answers in 20 seconds. Got that working. Then after another 30 seconds, play the still queued greeting and if the customer wishes, they can press 1 and get out of the queue and go to a call flow that gives them an option to leave a message for an employee. If they would rather stay in the queue, then the MOH is to play for another 30 seconds and then replay the still queued message. My problem is if the customer wants to stay in the queue, how do I get it to play the MOH and count down the 30 seconds until the still queued message is replayed? I can set the timeout to go to a Home or Goto action, but I get no MOH. Everything else is working except this. Any ideas?

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
In the "Announcements" tab of the hunt group your timers are set.

That is the timers to play the Still Queued, and how often to repeat that.

Now, all you need to do is, in the Still Queued part, create a menu action, with what you want to tell the customers, and a timeout. If they press something, cool. If not, it follows the timeout and stays in queue. Some releases will require you to make the timeout go to a generic action, but with nothing defined....you will need to play with it.

OP Online Content
I am on R9 currently. I pretty much have that exact setup now. The only thing I have not tried is sending the timeout to an empty generic action. I did try a blank Menu action, but that did not work. If I do a Generic Action as you suggest, you think that will put the call back into the call flow of the still queued action, where the caller will hear MOH for the next 30 seconds?

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
The timers are set in the "Announcements" tab, they have nothing to do with the queued and still queued actions...

OP Online Content
I double checked my programming, and I have the timers set correctly (or at least I think they are all set correctly) and am still not having any luck. I will have to keep playing with it.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,380 Shoretel
189,085 CTX100 install
187,412 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (R4+Z, RATHER BE FISHING, ffej010), 118 guests, and 426 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024