web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
No luck. I set the phone system from .3 up to .9 and the second call drops immediately once you press the flash/conference key which I have tried both the on and two times suggestion.

The polycom works fine with just a stand alone line but the minute you add the phone system to the equation the call drop issue happens.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Originally Posted by Just Fran
No luck. I set the phone system from .3 up to .9 and the second call drops immediately once you press the flash/conference key which I have tried both the on and two times suggestion.

The polycom works fine with just a stand alone line but the minute you add the phone system to the equation the call drop issue happens.

It has been a while so I don't remember the exact specifics but I know that at one point there was an issue with Polycoms and there was some sort of tech bulletin that addressed it.

It might be worth a call to your reseller to have them dig up the tech bulletin and see if that addresses it.

OP Offline
Thanks. This is just so frustrating but I am going to figure it out......

The Polycom must be set to 300 ms (.3 sec). The ESI needs to be between 600ms and 1,500 ms. It depends on the Polycom. Start at 600 ms on the ESI and work up from there.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet
OP Offline
Thanks for the information. I did all of the above combinations (300 ms on Polycom and .6-1.5 incremented on the ESI) and still get the same end result of the second call dropping.

I appreciate all the help.

OP Offline
So my next question would be....

What kind of conference phone will work with the ESI system? Easier to replace the conference phone than the phone system...

Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
[quote=Just Fran]So my next question would be.... What kind of conference phone will work with the ESI system? Easier to replace the conference phone than the phone system... [/quote] I have installed dozens of Polycom units on ESI systems. If I were in your shoes before i spent hundreds of dollars on a new phone i would call your installer. They can always work with tech support to get you squared away.

I'm having the same issue with a 900 using both a Polycom and a Konftel.
I still have not found the 'sweet spot'

Martin Wolfe
Wolfe Communications
Wolfecom.net
707-387-1140
Servicing Sonoma, Marin, Napa, Mendocino, and Lake Counties
ESI Toshiba Avaya
To all of you having trouble with the Polycom and Konftel telephones. The simple test is to take a standard, single line telephone, connect it to the ESI, make a call and then do a switch hook flash and see if you get a second dial tone. Make a second call and then hook switch flash and see if you have a conference. If you do, the ESI is not at fault. The single line ports of the ESI conform to the old BelCore specs and the flash hook settings are fairly wide from 200 ms to 2000 ms. You should be able to find the correct combination. We service a clinic with 26 locations and everyone has an ESI Comm Server from a 50 to a 1000 and everyone has a Polycom and they all work.

On the other hand, if the standard single line phone can not conference, then you have something gone wrong in the KSU.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet
Okay I think I figured it out with the help of support and it is a simple fix. With a buttset I did a conf call. They could not see the second flash. We tried it a couple more times and found that the instructions say to do flash twice rapidly. THIS DOES NOT WORK. Slow it down and it does every time.
Try this and hope it helps

Martin Wolfe
Wolfe Communications
Wolfecom.net
707-387-1140
Servicing Sonoma, Marin, Napa, Mendocino, and Lake Counties
ESI Toshiba Avaya
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,314
Posts638,921
Members49,775
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,090 Shoretel
190,300 CTX100 install
188,567 1a2 system
Newest Members
PeterG, lyte, 4thright, dcl, Mansour
49,774 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
dans 4
jsaad 4
Yoda 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (newtecky), 181 guests, and 35 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024